8: Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

Looking at Hikaru I watch as he wraps his arms around his stomach while shaking.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Tamaki and Haruhi aren't dating!" Hikaru laughs looking up to me with a massive smile on his face "Your misunderstanding Erika-San!"

They aren't dating.

I'm just misunderstanding.

Should I be happy?

"But I think Haruhi likes Tamaki," Hikaru says cutting me off of my thoughts no longer laughing at me "Even though they kissed... I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding."

"Does Kaoru like Haruhi?"

Hikaru's face pulls into a frown and he hides his face with his hair "I don't know, he hasn't really been speaking to me lately at home. I'll have to talk to him."

"Maybe Kaoru kissed Haruhi," I whisper.

"Thank you for telling me Erika." Hikaru looks up at me smiling and somehow I know it's fake but seeming that I've already told on Haruhi and Kaoru I don't say another word.

At lunch I find Shiki sitting down with three other people but I don't want to go to the host club. 

"Erika?"

I turn around to face Shiki once I passed him, he looks at me with a smile.

"Hi." I say weakly as his three friends look at me.

"We haven't spoke in a while, how are you doing? Please take a seat." He says patting the seat next to him.

Sitting awkwardly beside him I place my tray of a carton of juice and a salad in front of me "I've been okay. You?"

"Just fine, you haven't called or anything, I would of called but I didn't have your number. I was going to ask you during class but because of the seating change I couldn't reach you." He tells me.

"Sorry, I've meaning to tell you I don't have a mobile phone and recently have moved out of my house for a while." I tell him and stab my fork into a lettuce leaf. 

 "Erika, what colour are your eyes?" One of the friends ask me and I can feel myself grip the fork tightly in my hands.

"Blue." I say.

"Can we see them?" A different friend asks.

"Guys I don't think she wants too." Shiki says putting down his spoon.

"Jeez we're just asking." The last one shrugs.

"Come on Erika!" The first one raises his hand towards and I feel his fingertips brush at my fringe.

I slap his hand away and stand up "I don't feel comfortable, sorry Shiki-kun, I'm going to go now." 

"Ah Erika-san!" Shiki calls after me as I start walking away but ignoring him I leave the building and sit down on a bench.

I want to stay out here...

"Sorry about my friends Erika-san." Shiki sighs as we walk out of lessons together.

"It's okay..." I shrug my shoulders lightly as we walk towards the entrance "I'll try and call you..."

I don't want Shiki-kun to worry about me.

"Take the time you need Erika-san." He places a hand on my shoulder and stops me just as we make it outside "Erika. I need to tell you something important, I-"

"The Hitachiin twins are fighting?!" A girl screams running off in the left direction where loads are people are crowding around.

Not caring about Shiki or my fear of big crowds I run, feeling the wind bring up my hair, my fringe bashes against my face. I feel like I could fly away.

Pushing people a side I make it to where Hikaru and Kaoru are. Throwing punches at each other.

"YOU KISSED HER KNOWING THAT I LIKED HER THIS WHOLE TIME!" Hikaru yells at Kaoru throwing another punch which hits Kaoru across the face making me fightened.

"SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU GET OVER IT!" Kaoru yells pushing himself off the wall.

"SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU EITHER!" Hikaru yells clenching his teeth.

That is when I realize who they're talking about. Haruhi.

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE IT?!" Kaoru roars.

"Stop it!" Haruhi rushes in trying to pull Hikaru away from Kaoru.

I notice that both of the twins are bleeding from the mouth and nose. Rushing over I shove Haruhi away not caring if she gets hurt. Putting Hikaru's arm around my neck I help him walk away.

"Here!" Tamaki walks over to us and puts Hikaru's other arm around his neck.

Hikaru looks at Tamaki before looking at me "Thank you."

"I don't want to see my friend getting hurt!" I demand at Hikaru with a frown.

Tamaki smiles "We'll get this sorted out!"

Hikaru turns to Tamaki "Sorry for the trouble."

"You will be." Tamaki sticks his tongue out at Hikaru.

I smile happily.

Everything is hopefully going to be okay!