Chapter Twenty Three

I continued to walk down the street towards Hanna's, I was breathing heavily as I walked. I was starting to get tired and drained. I hated this feeling but I had to deal with it for another 7 months. That I could do. I wasn't even close to Hanna's when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Hi Aria." It was Mike. He never calls, there must be something wrong. His voice was soft and sounded upset.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, I bit my lip waiting for his answer. I needed to know, I needed to now soon. I was scared now that I wasn't living at home. My Father could hurt him or hurt my mother.

"It's Mom." My heart dropped. "She fell down the stairs, she's in the hospital. Can you come here? I need you." He begged and I sobbed quietly.

"Did dad have something to do with this?" I asked quietly. I was scared. I didn't want to believe he had something to do with this but I knew what he was capable of, I mean I had seen it and felt it first hand.

"We don't know, we won't know until Mom wakes up." He said.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I told him and he sighed in relief.

"Thank you, she's in room 204 A." I almost past out. A. Was this a sign of some sort from A. Something A did to dad to make him lash out at Mom like that.

"Okay. Be there soon." I said hanging up. The only problem was, I had no car. I had to phone Hanna. Even if she was pissed at me. I needed to get to the hospital and I needed to get there now before something else happens to him.

I pressed 2 on speed dial and Hanna's number was dialled. I hoped she picked up, I hoped she wasn't too angry with me. I just wanted to go see my Mom. "Hello?" I sighed when she answered.

"Hanna." I squeaked. I was scared, scared for my baby, scared for my Mom, scared for my friends, scared for my brother and scared for me. I didn't know how far A or my Father would go to hurt us.

"Aria? Are you okay?" She asked me and I shook me heard and then realised she couldn't see me.

"Can you come get me?" I asked her in a small voice. I didn't want to scare her but I really needed her to take me to the hospital and stay by my side.

"Where are you?" She asked and I heard her say something to someone on her end and shuffling in the background.

"I'm by the PD." I told her.

"Okay. Stay there I'm on my way."

"Thank you." I thanked and sat on the steps of the entrance to the police department. I hung up the phone and sat there waiting for Hanna. I was anxious because of my opinion on Ali and her body findings.

I felt bad for what I said but I didn't regret it. It was true. I'm not spending my time getting information to help solve this murder case. I had a baby to think about. This baby wasn't going to survive if I put my life on the line to figure this out.

"Aria." I heard my name and turned my head to see Hanna getting out of her car. I didn't even see her pull up. I stood up and made my way over to meet her. "What's up?"

"Can you take me to the hospital?" I asked her buckling myself in.

"Why?" She asked, worry spread across her face.

"My Mom fell down the stairs. He thinks my dad pushed her. But she's unconscious." I explained as Hanna began to drive off towards the hospital.

"Do you think he could?" I nodded.