Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

We got to Hanna's and saw Emily pulling into her street. We both got our the car and met Emily on the walk way. I smiled at Emily before asking. "Do you know what the emergency is?"

"No. I was hoping you did. But lets go find out." Emily said and we walked up to her door knocking three times and stood waiting for someone to come answer the door. Praying and hoping it was Hanna and not her Mother that came to the door.

"Do you think she's here? She's usually answered the door by now." Spencer said. I shrugged.

"She would have told us where to meet her in her text if she wasn't home." Emily said. We were all about ready to leave her house and go back to bed. But then Mrs Marin's car pulled up and Hanna got out stomping towards the door.

"Hanna we need to talk about this!" Mrs Marin yelled after her. Hanna ignored her and pushed us all upstairs to her room.

"So what's this about?" Spencer asked getting right to the point. We were all tired and cranky. I just wanted to go back to bed. Being pregnant constantly makes you tired.

"I was arrested tonight." She started. My eyes widened.

"For what?" I said.

"I stole some sunglasses when I was at the Mall with Mona earlier today. They saw it on the CCTV cameras and came to my house and arrested me. But that's not the issue right now." She explained and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's the bigger issue?" Emily asked.

"Aria, you got a message from A right? Someone who knew about you and Ezra." I nodded. "Well tonight I got a message from A when I was at the police station." She explained and we all gasped.

"So have I." Spencer and Emily said simultaneously.

"So we've all got messages from A, What did yours say Hanna?" I asked and she handed over the phone which showed the message.

'Be careful, Hanna. I hear prison food makes you fat. -A'

I passed it on to Emily who passed it to Spencer who passed it back to Hanna. "So what does this mean?" Emily asked looking at the three of us.

"I'm not sure but who ever A is, is dangerous. They know stuff about us that we may not know about each other. Things that can tear our families apart." I said to the group at large. I was scared. We didn't know what to do. We didn't know who this person was or what they were capable of.  With me being pregnant, it was even more crucial I was careful. I couldn't hurt the baby, A couldn't hurt the baby. That was my responsibility.

Just then, my phone beeped indicating I had a message. The three of them looked at me with wide eyes thinking it was A. I even tensed when it went off but when I looked at it. It was only Mike texting me. I sighed in relief.

"It's Mike." I said reading his message.

'Hey Aria. Are you okay after earlier?'

'Yeah, I'm fine. I'm staying with my friends until it's safe for me to come home.' I text back. But really I wasn't going home. I couldn't risk this baby after being abused.

'Good. Stay safe. I'll see you at school. I really want to talk to you about some things when we get the chance.' He replied.

'Okay. I don't know if I'll be in school tomorrow. After everything tonight. I don't want to see Mom's face tomorrow. It's too soon.' I said. It was true. Even if Spencer was going to school tomorrow. I wasn't I would either stay at her house alone. Or go to Ezra's apartment and stay there until he got home.

"I forgot to ask. How did it go at home?" Hanna asked and they all turned to me.

"Not so good. I hated it. I'm out of that house for good. I'm staying at Spencer's tonight but I'm going to find a house for me and the baby." I told them and it was true. I was going to find a house, I was going to find somewhere to settle down with my baby. Even if I was 16.

"What happened?" Emily asked softly touching my knee.

"My Dad went nuts. He squeezed my arm and wouldn't let me go. He slapped me. So I called Spencer knowing you two were busy and she came to pick me up." I explained.

"Where was your Mom?"

"She wasn't there in the beginning like she said she would be. When she got home it had already happened. She tried to calm him down but it didn't work. So I'm out of there for good. I'm going to the school and telling them that my new guardian is Mrs Marin for personal reasons." I said and they all couldn't believe he was acting like that. They understood why I wasn't going home and why I would never go home. They didn't deserve me as their daughter. Yes I may be pregnant and yes I may have slept with my teacher but I had accomplished a lot more than both my parents already in life.

"Well you're welcome to come back and stay with us for as long as you need. My Mom knows everything anyway. She'd be able to help you." Hanna offered and I nodded a thanks. I would probably come back her but I wanted to talk to Mrs Marin again to make sure she was okay with having to cover to me being pregnant by my English Teacher. I would speak to her once she had cooled down about Hanna being arrested.

"Do you guys wanna stay the night and skip school tomorrow?" She asked. I agreed straight away. I wasn't planning on going to school anyway.

"I can't." Emily started. "I have swim practice ready for the big swim meet."

"Okay. Spence, what about you?"

"I have a make up test tomorrow morning. So I have to go home get my stuff for that but after it's over I might skip. But I'll text you." She said and we all walked to the front door. We watched as Emily and Spencer got into their cars.

"I'll come by for my stuff tomorrow." I yelled to Spencer who nodded. Hanna and I watched their cars drive away into the night. We went back up to Hanna's room and both climbed into her bed. I sighed and snuggled under the sheets where sleep found me immediately.