Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Once she opened the door and she grabbed my arm pulling me into the living room, I was holding onto Ezra so he was pulled with me Hanna sat opposite us and waited for us to explain what was happening. I kept looking at him out the corner of my eye.

"Okay That's enough!" She exclaimed. "What is going on? How did you know she was here?" She burst. I sighed knowing it was going to happen the minute I phoned her asking to come open the door because I was outside.

"I went to visit Mr Montgomery this afternoon after I met Aria, I saw a picture of her on his desk so I asked about her. He told me she was his daughter so I looked up his address and came her. I needed to see Aria one last time. I can't stop thinking about her." He said turning to me and smiling and I smiled back biting my lip. I almost drew blood.

"And what are your intentions with my best friend?" She asked, I slapped my forehead groaning. She was interrogating him and we weren't even dating.

"Well, I am going to keep her safe, love her like she deserves to be love. Touch her with a gentle touch and make her happy." He said and I leaned into his shoulder taking in his scent hoping no one could see me blush.

"I guess that's good enough, but are you actually dating?" She asked and I dug my head even deeper into his shoulder. We weren't dating but he just admitted he had feelings for me and I've known all day I felt strongly about him. So hopefully there was a chance we could be more than friends. Fingers crossed.

"Well no, but if she wants me, I would love for her to be my girlfriend." He said and I pulled my head slowly out of his shoulder.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Really." He confirmed and I smiled large and leaned into give him a slight kiss. It was then I heard feet on the stairs, I began to panic and pushed Ezra out the door whispering I'll be at the Hollis party tomorrow evening and I'll see him then. He nodded gave me a quick kiss and a piece of paper. I unfolded it to see his number and I smiled shutting the door quietly and sitting next to Hanna on the couch.

"Girls? What are you doing up?" My Mom asked. I looked at Hanna and back to my Mom.

"Nothing. We couldn't sleep so we stayed up talking. Did we wake you?" I replied hoping she would believe the lie.

"Oh no, I just wanted to get some water and I'm going back to bed." She said and I nodded before laying with my head in Hanna's lap while we were watching a movie together. I wasn't sure what we were watching because I was thinking about Ezra and seeing him again. I didn't even hear my Mom put a blanket over the two of us or go back upstairs, I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts.

"Aria?" Hanna whispered snapping me out of my train of thoughts. I looked up at her slightly from my position on her lap. "Are we still going to the party tomorrow now we've seen him?" She asked.

I sat and pondered about it, I know I had told Ezra I would see him there but I didn't want to risk getting caught by my dad or any other faculty members. I had his number so I could meet up with him after.

"I don't think I want to risk it now I've got his number. So we don't have to go. Why do you have plans?" I asked her.

"Mona wanted to spend the night at mine tomorrow so I was just wondering. I don't really want to tell her we're speaking again yet. I want to wait." She explained. I wasn't going to keep her from her other friends just because I'm speaking to her again. She had a life before I moved back.

"Okay. You can go spend the night with her, I think I'm going to spend the night with my Mom. Who knows how long it'll be before she finds out what my dad did and move out." I Said and she nodded before pulling her feet up and I curled into her before falling asleep ignoring the film still playing in the background.