Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

I left Hanna's just before 4 walking to mine which wasn't too far away. I was a basket case. I was freaking out. I was happy that I got to see Mike again but I can't be dealing with an argument of being accused of things that are not my fault. I pulled my suitcase along, even though there wasn't much in there it was heavy. I didn't know if that was because I was pregnant or what but it was getting harder and harder to pull it behind me. Luckily I got to my house before I dropped of exhaustion.

"Okay Aria. You can do this." I said to myself, looking up at my old Victorian house. I was scared but I knew my Mom would be home. She told me she would. But why was I suddenly trusting her?

I opened the door and walked into the house I haven't been in for a long time. I heard laughter coming from the kitchen. I left my suitcase in the hall by the door and walked to the kitchen door seeing the back of my dads head as he was laughing at something Mike had said. But I didn't see my Mom anywhere.

"Aria?" Mike said standing up. I smiled as he came over to hug me tight. "I've miss you so much. I can't believe you're back."

He pulled away and I saw my dad staring at me. "I don't know if I'm back for good." I said staring back at my dad. " That's up to daddy dearest." I said with a snarl. I took a carrot stick from Mikes plate.

"What are you doing back here Aria? I thought I told you to stay away, you're not welcome in this house." He said standing up.

"I live here to dad. I was raised her and you promised to love me no matter what. I'm not the one who did something wrong. You did. You did this to yourself." I said.

"Did what Aria. Why don't you say it. Say what you want to say, get it off your chest."

"You had an affair with a student Dad. You blackmailed me into keeping it a secret from Mom. You kicked me out when she found out. I didn't tell her. She found out for herself. She just asked me if it was true. You're the one who could have told her when it happened. Whether it was before or after we went to Iceland. That was your responsibility. You should have told her, be a role model for your kids." I said and went to walk away but he grabbed my arm roughly.

"That's not your problem. I said I would tell her when I was ready." He squeezed even harder.

"I don't know what you've done with my daughter but you're not her."

"Let go of my arm. You're hurting me." I cried out. I knew that was going to leave a mark.

"I'll let you go when I want to let you go!" He slapped me across the face and I went plummeting to the floor. Mike gasped and helped me sit up. I pulled myself into a corner and curled up in a ball.

"What is wrong with you?" He bellowed at our dad. Just then the door opened.

"What is going on in here?" It was my Mom.

"Nothing. Just taking care of a pest." He motioned over to me.

"Aria." She breathed. I shook her off me. I was scared of what was going to happen. She told me she would be home for 4 and I trusted her. Turns out she wasn't there when I needed her. I don't know if I could ever trust her again.

"Byron, what has gotten into you?" She screamed. "She's our daughter!"

"No she's not. I don't know who she is any more." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Mike. Take her upstairs and don't come down until I come up to you." My Mom said and Mike pulled me up and helped me up the stairs into my room. Nothing had changed since I left the house the night of the massive blow out.