The Calm Before The Storm

Chapter Twelve – The Calm Before The Storm

I woke up to see Draco still sleeping. He was so peaceful and angelic. I didn’t want to wake him. I took a shower and got dressed. Just throwing on a pair of jeans and a low cut lacy pink tank top. Accessorizing with white a little. The girls were still sleeping and I slipped out of the room. Deciding to take a walk. Zelda came bounding up to me as soon as I got outside the castle. It was beautiful outside. We walked to the edge of the forbidden forest and Zelda howled. I sat down in the grass waiting for the pack. I closed my eyes and dug my hands into the dirt. I focused myself and when I opened my eyes, many baby dirt wolves were running around me. Zelda barked happily and began to play with them. She accidently fell and smushed one of them and whined to me, so I simply made another one. The pack joined us moments later and began to play with the magic dirt wolves or lick me. I laughed as two babies came up to me and jumped on me. I rolled over on the ground trying to avoid them, playing a slight game of tag. I got up and ran the fastest I could through the grass as the pack chased after me. I could feel my hair whipping around me and laughed as one of the older wolves quickly caught up to me and almost knocked me over.

~ Draco’s P.O.V. ~

I woke up and noticed that Aurora wasn’t beside me. I laid back down and smiled. I loved my mysterious, bitchy, beautiful, perfect girlfriend. She drove me nuts and I loved it. I loved how she looked at me when another guy wasn’t flirting with her, telling me with her eyes that she’s mine. I love how she disappears into unknown places and leaves me guessing. I love how her mood instantly changes when I am with her. I loved how she tries to make me jealous so I will show her I love her. Basically I loved everything about her. Her perfect blonde hair, and eyes that changed colors. Her perfect small body and how it fit perfectly into mine. I got dressed and set out to find her. Though it was almost impossible, I loved the challenge along with the time to myself. I looked up in the towers first, secretly loving the sight I had. I sat on the window edge and just admired the view. I then saw a small person beside the forbidden forest. I squinted my eyes and recognized her immediately, playing a game with the pack. Her hair shone in the sun as she ran around the field with the woods. Her smile was dazzlingly and her outfit perfect.. Smiling about finding her I started to walk down to the grounds. When I got out of the castle it was a gorgeous day outside. My white shirt glistening in the sun against my black shorts. I picked a rose out of the flower patch and made my way towards her quietly.

~ Your P.O.V. ~

I slowed down my running and laid down in the grass. The pack jumped all over me and I squirmed and giggled. Zelda came over and laid beside me and the pack settled down.

This is the most fun I have had in a while, Rora. I'm glad to see you so happy too.

“Thanks Zelda, I wonder if Draco is up yet” I replied her, staring into the bright blue sky.

I wouldn’t count on it, that lazy boy

“Oh be nice” I laughed. The pups came and cuddled beside me as I stared art the clouds daydreaming.

“Aurora” someone breathed into my ear. In the blink of an eye I was standing up with my one hand holding my wand to his throat, and the other around his throat, glaring intensely. “WOAH, its only my babe”

“DRACO!” I screamed. “I am so sorry baby, oh my god. You scared the shit out of me! Don’t ever sneak up on me like that! you know better”

“You’re so sexy when you’re mad” Draco laughed kissing me.

“You know better, I could have hurt you” I frowned at him.

“I know I'm sorry, good morning” Draco apologized. He laid beside me on the ground and laced his fingers with mine, the other hand petting a pup. The pack was sunbathing with us.

“Oh Aurora!” a voice sang from behind me. Ugh, how dare they ruin my perfect moment

“Yes?” I asked, turning around to see Ashley, Emery, and Sky walking towards us. Blaise and Blade weren’t too far behind.

“We didn’t see you at breakfast so we came looking for you” Emery laughed.

“Not too hard to find today” Sky giggled.

“You like to disappear a lot” Ashley pretending to be angry.

“Just getting some fresh air with the pack” I replied smiling. They all sat down and we began to play with the pack again. Giggling, squealing, and yelling could be heard for the next hour as we played games with the pack.

“How about we break for lunch?” Draco asked us a while later. We all agreed and bid the pack goodbye. He put his arm out to me and I took it giggling. I wasn’t looking forward to classes tomorrow. Everything was such a breeze for me and the gang. We were taught all this from our parents and we knew more than they thought we did. The dark magic we could perform was more complex than anything Hogwarts could teach their students. We sat in the great hall, stuffing our faces and headed back to the common room.

“I feel like getting into a duel” I said bored as we all sat beside the fire. I was lying on Draco's chest.

“Yea, we’ve had nothing exciting happen in a while” Blade replied.

“We’re not living up to our reps” Sky laughed.

“Where a first year Gryffindor when you need one” Blaise laughed.

“Or Potter” Draco sneered.

“I never quite understood why you hate him so much” Ashley stated.

“DON’T GET HIM INTO IT!” Me, Emery, Blade, Sky, and Blaise yelled at the same time. Draco burst out laughing and Ashley looked a little frightened at our outburst. We all melted into fit of laughter, clutching our sides.

“Anyways, you scare the living fuck out of me when you duel” Ashley said after we had caught out breath. I buried my face into Draco's chest embarrassed.

“But you’re getting way better” Sky reassured as the rest of them nodded. I smiled to them.

“I don’t understand why you get so crazy like sometimes and can’t control yourself. You’ve used spells I’ve never even heard of” Ashley replied.

“I don’t know, I never understood it either. I just learn to control it” I said thinking hard.

“Or how you have so many cool magical powers: Apparating anywhere, talking to Zelda, controlling the elements. Plus all the things Zelda can do too” Sky laughed.

“Family bloodline traits” I smirked at her. As we laid there all talking, I spaced out and began to think. I did wonder why I had so many powers, and about my dueling thing. I decided I would owl my parents, I had never really asked and now I was curious. As it got darker I began to get a weird feeling. The hair on my back stood up as I thought I heard something. I looked around and saw nothing. I brushed it off a cuddled closer to Draco.

“I’m off to bed” Ashley announced a while later and we all agreed. I kissed Draco and went up to the girls dorms. I slid on a nightdress and laid in my bed. I fell asleep uneasily, hearing whispers every now and again. I fell into a dreamless sleep and was awoken by a piercing scream. I fell off my bed in an attempt to jump up, and quickly steadied myself. We all rushed to the common room to find a girl laying on the floor.

“Anastasia!” I yelled as we surrounded her. She was muttering something and was shaking heavily. I sent Zelda to grab Draco as I put my arms around her. She immediately latched on to me and cried. Draco came down the stairs, I turned around to look at him with fear in my eyes. He looked at me confused and sat beside me rubbing my back. “Can you tell me what happened?”

“A…a..a…a..sna…snake chased me” She whispered in between sobs. I jumped up and knocked Draco over. He got up rubbing his head as watched as I bolted out the door.