The Beginning

Chapter Five

Beep beep beep. I rolled over and glared at my alarm clock. 7am. How lovely. Me and the girls had the day planned out perfectly. Classes didn’t start until tomorrow, today was Sunday. A perfect sunny and bright day. I accidently bumped into a sleeping Zelda as I rolled out of bed. She opened one eye and grunted. I smiled and pet her for a while absorbed in my thoughts. So much had happened and I haven’t really had the time to just sit and think about it. Well today wasn’t that day either I convinced myself. I hopped into the shower happily singing to myself. I thought of the day ahead of me as I stood in the water, letting it just run over me. Jeans, a black t-shirt with an a white butterfly, and some black puma’s were the outfit I had decided on. I heard the door quickly open and close as my outfit came inside. I washed up and stepped out, laughing to myself for no reason. Zelda came inside and jumped inside the bath and I washed her up quick as a black bow flew inside. I dressed and sat on a chair as my make-up and hair did itself. Crimped today, with white eye shadow and white accessories to match my clothes. I finished putting the bow into Zelda’s fur as I walked out to wake up the girls. I am not a morning person at all but I always seem to be the first one up and ready.

“Emery! Sky!” I yelled as Zelda trotted towards their beds and jumped on them one by one. They awoke with a start. Rolling over and swatting Zelda away. She found this funny it seemed though because she just kept on jumping and barking around the girls. They finally got up and showered quickly.

“Morning Rora” Sky smiled as she came out of the shower.

“Yea, good morning” Emery groaned. “Why do we always end up waking up so early when we could sleep in?”

“Because classes start tomorrow and I would like to relax, unpack, and hang around before we jump back into school mode” I rolled my eyes.

“Well I suppose you have a point” Emery said still unhappy. “Let’s at least go for breakfast”. We all brightened up slightly as we strode down to the common room. There weren’t many people up but who would blame them. It was a Sunday after all. I was slightly disappointed to see the boys were going to sleep in as usual and fought back the urge to send Zelda up to wake them up.

“You’re not really going to let the boys sleep Rora, that’s so not fair, don’t even think about it” Sky smirked at me. If we had to be up, the boys had to suffer with us it seemed.

I am more than happy to go and wake them up

“Yes Zelda I know you are” I laughed at her. “Go ahead, wake them up then”. We all burst out giggling as we watched Zelda go up the stairs, waiting to hear the yells of her victims. We walked over to the couches and snapped at some younger kids who ran off scared. We smirked at each other and sat down. A couple of the boys in our year looked towards us and smiled. We smiled back and I watched Sky wink. I wondered when the games would begin, poor boys don’t even know after all these years that they are just part of a game to us. I stared at the fire, absorbed in my own thoughts. I nodded and winked when I had to, and flirted back when called upon, but other than that I was lost in the flames. The girls giggled and flirted, and teased those poor boys. I guess I can’t say anything, I was playing along. Then all of sudden came what we were waiting for. Barking, yelling, and things being thrown were all we could hear from upstairs. Me and the girls burst out laughing, rolling on the couches. A couple minutes later Zelda came strutting down the stairs with the boys following behind her. Her dazzling white coat glistening as she trotted towards us in victory. I felt sorry for her victims. Blade and Blaise went to sit beside their girlfriends as they mumbled hello’s. Draco picked me up off the couch and hugged me tightly, which quickly turned into a kiss.

“Well good morning gorgeous” Draco smirked at me. He threatened to carry me back into his bedroom as I fought back. I caught him off guard and he lost his balance as we both fell in a pile on the couch. Before he could get up I reacted quickly and jumped on top of him, straddling him and pinning him down. I leaned down and kissed him as the girls cheered in the background.