Chapter One

Chapter One

It was the day before school started. My family and I had just gotten back from Iceland in Europe. We were trying to get back into things as they were before we left for a year long vacation to Iceland. Although, I knew it couldn't go back to the way it was. I knew that coming back here, coming back to this house, going back to the same school it was going to bring up memories that I buried last year before we left. Now there's people trying to dig it back up.

My dad had an affair with a student last year before we left and I was with a friend at the time and we caught them making out in his car parked in a large bush. I didn't speak to him for months but when we left the country I knew I didn't have to worry about that bitch following us. I hated the fact that she was still here. She was working at the college she went to and where my dad is working. I couldn't trust him and I knew that, I just didn't want to hurt my Mom by telling her even though my best friend told me I should.

I was stood staring into the mirror looking at the way I am dressed. Its changed in the year we've been away, I no longer have red streaks in my hair, I no longer wear all black. I am now 16 and never had a boy look at me in the way I hope. Although had a few boyfriends here and there. It was always Alison getting the guys. The leader of our group of five. The five of us did everything together but I hated the way she treated the four of us. I always wonder why she gave me a second look and let me into her group. It was too late by the time I realised it but I realised, she had four girls who all had different traits but weren't popular enough to get guys so she could have them all to herself. It was also because she had people to do her dirty work. Spencer was the smart one and fought back against Alison's wishes. Hanna was called 'Hefty Hanna' by Alison because when she got nervous she would eat her problems away. Emily was sporty and Alison knew she was gay and I knew too because after Alison led her on, she wanted someone to talk to and turned to me. Then there was me, I was the Gothic girl who had an act for art and photography. She used me to spy on her enemies or the guys she was dating. She would take my equipment and use it herself. I knew that when she got bored of us she would find four more followers.

Last year before I left for Iceland, We were having a sleep over in Spencer's barn in her back yard and I don't really remember much from that night but I do remember that Alison had gone missing, no one saw her, we were all asleep and she sneaked out. That's all we know. We never heard from her after that. People think she's dead but I'm holding onto hope that she's hanging on out there and alive.

Now, I am watching as my brother rushes around looking through the boxes trying to find his lacrosse gear ready for training this after noon. I had to drop him off as my Mom and dad were staying in to unpack. I was looking forward to driving around and remember where me and my friends went to have a laugh. Remember the good parts about Ali, even if she was a bitch to us sometimes. My Mom checked the garage for his gear and there it was, He rushed out the door and I grabbed my keys following out the door without saying a word. I couldn't look at my Mom afraid she'd find out about my dad and his little affair. I couldn't look at my dad because I was afraid I would say something to him about it without meaning to and risking my Mom hearing.

In the car, my brother Mike was eating a protein bar ready for training and I dropped him off outside the school for his training.

"Hey Mike when should I pick you up?" I asked him before he shut the door and walked away.

"Um... Training is two hours so around 6. If that's okay." He said waiting for a reply.

"Yeah that's fine, I'm just gonna grab something to eat and I'll be back." He nodded in thanks and walked away.

I drove to a pub just outside of Rosewood. I loved driving around clearing my head while listening to music on a low. It didn't take long to get there and I sat at the bar ordering a cheeseburger and some coca cola. Sat to my right was a man with an afro looking hair reading a book while eating a piece of pie. I sighed a long sigh thinking about all the lies that could come up this year and on top of that, Alison's missing poster was on the notice board. She would now be sixteen. I smiled in the memory.

" Are you okay? That was a long painful sigh," I smiled and turned to look at him. It was the guy from the bar.

"Yeah I'm fine, its just, when is this going to end?" I said and pointed to the picture of Alison.

"So she's a friend of yours?" He asked moving over a few seats until he was sat next to me.

"Yeah, she was my best friend." I replied and my cheeseburger was brought out to me. I said a quick thanks and then a favourite song of mine came on. "I love this song." I said digging into my cheeseburger.

"B26." He said and I looked at him in disbelief not everyone knew B26 and the chances of him knowing it was very slim yet he did. "I like them too." He added. I smiled and he mirrored the smile. The next thing I knew, I was hoisted up onto the counter in the bathroom making out with him. He was an amazing kissing and I loved it. His hands were travelling up my dress making me moan a little. I smiled into the kiss and he pulled away a little before bringing his lips down even harder onto mine. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

If a lady hadn't come barging through the door, I don't think we would have stopped. The look she gave us was unforgettable. It was disgusted yet jealously on her face and I gave her a smile before looking in the mirror for any marks or messy make up and hair then walking out of the toilets having the guy following me. Without even looking at him, I got straight into my car and leaned my head on the steering wheel thinking of what happened in the bathroom not even five minutes ago. It was an amazing kiss but the only thing that bothered me was trying to hide the Hickey. I didn't even know the guys name. God I'm such a slut.

I was brought out of my trance by my phone beeping. It was mike. I was supposed to pick him up half hour ago! I was busy making out with a guy I didn't even know instead of remembering to pick my brother up from practice.

Where are you?

Mike

I'm on my way

Aria

I sped my way along the roads and parked in front of the school where I saw Mike waiting on the bench. He got into my car and slammed the door shut. "Where were you?" He asked as I took off for home.

"I was eating and lost track of time." I explained briefly and we stayed silent until we got home. I was flustered and I was hoping my brother didn't notice.

When I got home, I went straight into my room and laid on my bed smiling to myself. It was one of the best make out sessions I had ever had. I hadn't had many but it topped everyone I had had. I couldn't stop thinking about his lips on mine. It was amazing. I go back to school in 2 months and I wanted to see that man again. I needed to see him, he was forever on my mind and I had only left him an hour ago.

As I laid on my bed deep in thought, I didn't even hear my Mom come in. I heard her cough and sit on the end of my bed. "Aria?" She said In a quiet voice. I turned my head to look at her without thinking about sitting up. I was too emotionally drained. "Are you okay?" I nodded, my head was clouded with images of the man I was with, the feeling of his hands trailing up my legs.

"I met someone." I said, my eyes shot open. I wasn't supposed to tell her that. She can't know I had kissed someone without knowing their name or their age. She can't know we hooked up in the girls bathroom when I knew nothing about him. I was in deep shit.