The silence

His hand found my throat and dragged me to my feet, he was angry, the peace had left his features. The man who once spoke of family and love now stood before me, fire burning within his once sad eyes.

"So you were playing me, just waiting for a chance to take everything!" His voice was deadly like a vipers bite, betrayal, wrath and hopelessness twitched around his features. The angel I once believed in became the demon I always feared. "I congratulate you, normally I don't fall for stupid tricks" he said in a vicious whisper as his grip tightened around my throat.

Stars flickered behind my eyes, everything was numb, my mind, my body. I'm going to die, caught in the act, a traitor. I deserve this fate.

I'm alone, it's years before. My sister is playing with her dolls, her voice light and full of youth. My mother sits and reads her book, peaceful and content. This is the life I lost, the family, the world. What I once had before the fire consumed it. The peace I felt every day, every hour. I wasn't controlled by the itch. I was free. It was better, but now I suffer, but I suffer for a purpose. To save Mark.

I awoke, everything was dark, a small sliver of faded yellow light could be seen from under the door. It was cold and my hands were bound behind me. Silence was all around causing the air to feel heavy, thick. I was alone.

You never realize what it's like to spend hours alone, bound, and scared until you experience it. In the movies the people always scream and fight, but in reality you can't. You believe that by doing something wrong, by fighting back you would get punished. So I sat, my shoulders cramped due to the awkward position.

Silence had begun to hum in my ears. Darkness can destroy the mind, shapes appear where they cannot be, noises interrupt the impossible silence. Chills started to fill my body, the drugs had begun to wear off. I had been sitting here for about three hours, and everything had begun to dawn on me.

I had been caught, I was going to either be punished, evicted or even killed. I had leaked Jackson's private information, the plans for his drug. Betrayed him. Numbness had begun to spread through my muscles, and nausea formed in the pit of my stomach. Damnit! Pain began to spike through my limbs, my heart. My breathing became struggled and my mind became disconnected. I was fading, I was too exhausted to hold on,  to maintain consciousness. 

It's dark, I'm still alone. Suddenly my eyes opened  and I could see a gray sky. There were no birds flying above, only sorrow. I looked around, I stood in the middle of a graveyard. Death surrounded me, and in front of me I read the inscription.

"Mark Tuan, Beloved son and friend". No, Mark no! Tears filled my eyes as I fell to my knees. Dead he can't be, I have to save him. I have to find him, protect him. Tears stung my eyes as I bit my lip preventing the incoming sobs. I wasn't there, I wasn't able to save him. Mark was my hope, without him I have no point, no purpose.

A sharp sting against my cheek dragged me from my sobs, the taste of iron filled my mouth. A bright overhead light stung my eyes as I attempted to focus. Jackson stood before me, his mouth a tense line.

"So... Who did you steal that information for?" He asked as he moved in close, his breath hot against my face. The smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke was strong, and his eyes were sunken. He moved quickly as he grabbed my shoulders and shock me sharply.

"Who hired you!" Anger had bubbled within him as his nails dug into my flesh. "Who did you risk everything for" more anger, followed by another slap causing my cheek to sting again.

"I- I can't, I can't tell you" I whispered while looking into his dark eyes. "If I do I fail, he fails." He continued to glare back at me, as he slapped me again. More pain. A throb had begun to form behind my eyes as more chills rushed through my body.

"fine, as long as you remain silent, and refuse to give me a name, I'll refuse to treat that itch." He spoke in a dangerously calm voice as he pulled a chair in front of me and sat down. Another chill ran through my body causing the throb in my mind to spike. More chills rushed through my veins causing trembles to race through me.

Pain followed quickly, my mind started to drift, and a fog had begun to form behind my eyes. Another slap jolted me back to the small dark room, causing me to groan softly.

"Please, stop... Stop it" I cried as more pain convulsed through my muscles causing me to struggle helplessly against the bonds. The pain only grew worse as the time went on, my head was in agony and every breath felt like needles digging into my lungs. The pain caused more nausea to form' sweat formed on my brow, and my mind became distracted.

Mark, Mark's drugs would of faded by now, he was in pain. Suffering like I was. Breaking. Another wave of pain crashed through me, and tears dripped down my cheeks. Begging was useless, I had only two options, wait and resist the pain with the possibility of Namjoon rescuing me. Or give up, give into the agony and expose Namjoon, ending the possibility of a cure.

My choice was simple, I had to hold on.  I had to fight for the cure, I had to save Mark. I bit my lip causing the mineral taste of blood to fill my mouth. I had to focus, I had to resist the pain. My mind wandered to the kiss, his soft lips rudely interrupting me. His hands holding mine, his gentle breathing calming me. My mind had become to become foggy once again and I started to drift.

"Didn't I tell you, you can't sleep now. I need answers, and you have them" Jackson's words parted the fog as he moved within inches of me. "Now the pain you feel is only the beginning, you are aware of the itch right. Every couple of hours pain ravages your body, tares at you, and every time the pain gets worse, your body becomes weak. And finally after you have suffered, after you have begged for death it comes. Your body succumbs to the pain, and you die in agony." He explained his breathing hot against my cheeks.

"I- I can't tell you" I mumbled through the pain, "death will take me first".

"Sadly, Mark will die first" he said as he sat back into the chair. A tear had made  its way down his cheek as he looked at my pathetic pained form.