The Fire

An eerie feeling settled in my stomach as I made my way down the dark hallway. Each step was painful but Jin's arm kept me on my feet edging me towards Namjoon's lab. The room I had grown to hate more than anything else, a room that had brought pain that most could only imagine. I stepped into the overly lit room and what little warmth I had left my body. I felt as if I was walking up to the gallows as I slowly inched my way to the stainless steel table.

"I'm sorry" Jin whispered his breath sending chills down my spine, "just stay strong". His comforting grip left my shoulders as he set me down on the icy cot. I lay back, my heart beat was erotic and my breathing forced. It felt wrong, the uneasy feeling became worse as it consumed me. Panic settled in my veins causing me freeze up, I was helpless once again.

"This is going to sting" Namjoon warned in a smooth whisper. His eyes were rimed with dark circles, the sing of many sleepless nights. His cheeks seemed hollow and his motions were unstable. He was falling apart, every bit of hope, will and life was riding on this cure. He was desperate.

The needle punctured my scarred flesh and I gasped in response. It was like nothing I had ever experienced, the concoction felt like fire. It burned it's way up my arm straight to my heart. The fire consumed me and the pain followed shortly after. It felt as if my body was burning from the inside out, every beat of my heart sent fuel for the blaze to devour.

"Wh-what's happening?" Jin asked panic evident in his smooth voice, "WHAT DID YOU DO!" He shouted as the panic returned as anger. He moved quickly as he collided with Namjoon shoving him against the closest wall. The spoke in harsh whispers inaudible to me who lay a few feet away.

The fire grew and unconsciousness seemed to eat at my mind, with every beat of my heart the flames roared ripping apart my sanity. I say Mark standing over me, his arms open, so welcoming, so warm. I pushed my way towards his embrace only to discover my passage blocked by a strong set of hands. Mark continued to invite me to his world, his smile, his laugh.

"NO- nooo! Please let me go... Let me go to him" I begged helplessly pushing weakly against the grip. A door slammed and Jin rushed back to me, his face was a picture of concern; a furrowed brow and tense lips. The fire began to flare up again causing me to convulse under its power.

"Hold on to her!" Jin instructed regaining his professional self. The strong grip tightened restraining the uncontrolled convulsions. Another needle punctured my arm and as the plunger was pushed, a soothing water seemed to flow through my punctured arm. The cooling drug washed over the fire, soothing the burns it touched and leaving behind the throbbing ashes. Move convulsions rushed through my body as the drug reached my heart. My pulse became rapid, unstable. Pain. Pain seemed to expel from my heart spreading like wildfire through the cells that comprised my body. This was what death felt like, so much pain.

"We... We're losing her!" Suga spoke, disbelief and panic lacing his voice. His grip lessened as he looked to his hyung for advice. Jin was lost in a flurry of determination and concentration.

"Don't. Don't let go" he instructed in an eerily calm voice. "Call 119 and keep holding her still". Jin's soft fingers found my neck as he searched for a pulse, the gentle pressure caused more fire to explode from within.

"Her pulse is unstable but strong, we have to get her to the hospital" Jin mumbled softly while he grabbed yet another syringe.

"Wait don't!" Suga yelled his voice rough due to panic, "it will do no good if she overdoses on that shit, just wait for the ambulance." Jin ignored Suga's advice and released the futile poison into my vein. The drug seemed like a breath of fresh air, refreshing but useless against a raging fire. I drifted between two worlds. One where Mark stood waiting for me to join him, the other was where Jin and Suga fought desperately for my survival.

"What happened?" Questioned an unknown speaker as he rushed through the doors of the lab. His eyes found me and within seconds he and Jin had managed to lift me and move me to the gurney. Jins grip on my hand was warm, warm like a summer day free of responsibilities. My eyes seemed to weigh a tonne as they fell closed.

"We're losing her!, push two ccs of adrenaline and start CPR!" Instructed the closest Doctor as he held my shoulder. The adrenaline hit my heart and it seemed as if nothing existed. My heart raced and the fire seemed to become extinguished leaving behind scarred ashes. My body trembled helplessly fading between life and death, I was falling apart.

"Hurry get her to emergency... We only have about and hour before her heart gives out.... That's why kids should experiment with drugs" the doctors voices faded into whispers as a plastic mask was lowered onto my face.

"Start counting backwards form ten"

"Ten"
"Nine"
"Eight"
"Sev.."