Habits

Days since Jho left:
7

I woke up to the sound of loud knocking.

"Go away." I groaned.

I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep. I was almost back to my deep slumber when someone pulled the sheets over my head.

"Aaaaahhhh!" I cringed as the sunlight blinded me for about a few seconds.

"Time to get up." A voice said.

"Make me." I said sarcastically.

It was quiet for a while so I figured whoever was bothering me has finally left. I curled up and hugged my pillow as I tried once again to go back to sleep.

I was again interrupted when a splash of cold water hit my face. I stoop up screaming and scrambling to wipe my face.

"Fuck! Come on, Trey! Now I'm gonna have to change my sheets."  I complained.

"That's what you get for sassing me." Therese put her hands on her hips. "Tara na't kumain. We're all outside and hungry."

"I told you, I don't wanna go." I groaned.

"We told you, hindi nga pwede." Therese grabbed my hand and pushed me to the bathroom. "Ligo na agad."

"Remind me to change my locks next time so you guys won't break in and bother me." I muttered.

"We have spare keys, idiot. We're not breaking in." Therese answered as she left the room.

I sighed. There is no escaping these girls. Even before, they helped me get through the days when I was too broken until I was stable enough to take care of myself.

They were never judging or too harsh, and if they scolded me, they did it out of love. They know when to help me and when to leave me alone. I can't express how much I owe and love them; they are literally life savers.

I finished showering and got out of my room as my eyes fell upon the rest of the gang watching a movie on my TV.

"Feel at home kayo ha." I commented.

"Good morning to you, too." Jia replied.

"Magandang tanghali na, Ji." Mich corrected.

"Shall we?" Jamie stood up.

"Fine. You guys drive." I trudged after them, locking the door behind me.

. . .

"Okay," Therese tapped my head. "Listen up."

"Listening." I rolled my eyes.

"Today's Reason to be Happy is," She reached inside a small box and fetched a small paper.

"You wore a happy color today." She read out loud.

I snorted as I looked down on my shirt. It's plain black.

"Seriously. Who wrote this?" Therese looked at the rest.

"Me." Jamie looked at me scornfully. "Why'd you have to pick this one when Bea's wearing black?"

"Malay ko ba?" Therese answered.

"It's not helping, you guys." I rubbed my temples. "I can't find reasons to be happy."

"Don't worry," Jia smiled encouragingly. "1st week pa lang naman eh. It's okay to feel sad."

"I'm sure she had a good reason as to why she left.." Mich trailed off.