Flashback*

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked at her. With her smile so wide and eyes so singkit, it's hard not to smile back.

"Wala naman." I replied.

She stood up and went to the bathroom as I cleaned our plates.

I went to the sink and started doing the dishes, my mind drifting back to the memory of how we met.

---
Leche talaga 'tong si Abraham. Papatayin ko talaga 'to pag nakita ko siya nasan na ba yung hayop na y---

"Fuck! Watch where you're going, idiot!"

Shit!

"OMG. Sorry!" I started to fish out my handkerchief and wipe the contents of the alcohol I accidentally dumped on this tall girl.

"I'm good. I'm good." She had this weird reaction in her face, parang natatawa na ewan.

"Sorry talaga," I looked up at her.

"It's all good. I'm just gonna go get another one." She replied.

"Wait," I stopped her. "Let me buy you one na lang. It's the least I could do."

She shrugged. "Fine. But I have to come with. I don't drink stuff that dint come from a bottle at yung hindi ko nakitang ginawa."

I rolled my eyes. Ang arte naman nito?
"Eh dapat hindi ka na nag pa-party."

"Don't scold me, Grandma."

Grandma?

Tinuro niya yung panyo ko. "Hindi ka dapat nag dadala ng hanky sa parties."

"Hindi naman kasi dapat ako paparty eh." Ay, si Baham pala. I looked around for signs of him. "Tara na, kunin na natin drink mo."

She held out her hand. "I'm Bea."

I shook it. "Jho."

Ang lambot naman ng kamay nito.
---

"Anong movie gusto mong panoorin?" Bea asked me.

"Uh, kahit ano." I replied distractedly. "Zootopia?"

"Got it." She watched me washing the dishes. "Mamaya na yan!"