Hello

I woke up in a hospital room.

Everything was blurry. I squinted and rubbed my eyes to get a better view. The TV was on but it seemed like I was alone. I gotta call Therese. But where's my phone?

I looked to my right and sat up in surprise.

"Hello." She said.

Am I dreaming? She's here, curled up in her chair with a blanket on, eating ice cream.

"Jho?"

She smiled widely, showing her braces.

"Nice to see you again, Bea." She beamed. "de Leon pala surname mo."

I lied down. I was still woozy and her smile made me quite dizzy.

"Wha--Are you.." I shook my head. "What happened?"

"You passed out. I called Ms. Angeline and we took you to St. Luke's. Overfatigued ka daw and kailangan mo ng tulog so they sedated you and ta-da!" She shook her hands. "Gising ka na."

She still looked super cute. But I need to focus.

"T-they sedated me? What time is it?" I clutched my head.

She looked at her watch. "Mag na-nine."

"What??" I sat up again and got a big head rush. I clutched my head and closed my eyes.

She stood up and slowly pushed me back to bed. "Wag kang magalaw. You need rest. Relax," She sat down on the chair. "Everything's taken care of."

"No, no. I gotta call---" I started.

"Your girlfriend?" Jho smirked at me.

"Fel's not my girlfriend." I shortly said.

"Pero kilala mo na agad kung sinong tinutukoy ko." She laughed.

The sound brought me back to Boracay. I thought I'd never hear her laugh again. Now she's here, in the flesh, eating ice cream and laughing as if the past 6 months hadn't happened. Everything seems normal and surreal at the same time.

"Here," Jho handed me my phone.
"Andaming missed calls and texts. Di ko mabasa lahat, may password ka kasi eh."

I checked my phone and saw 53 missed calls and 84 texts. Damn.

Most of the texts were from Fel. I scrolled up and read some.

San ka na?

Why aren't you answering?

Bea? Call me.

I scrolled down to the most recent ones.

Talaga bang i d-ditch mo ako?

Where the hell are you? My parents are on their way.

Who the fuck was that girl who answered your phone? I'm not playing games, Bea. Call me now.

I can't believe you stood me up. Ganyan ka ba ka takot sa commitment? O talagang di mo lang kaya mag seryoso sa akin? We're over. Don't bother calling me, asshole.

"What the fuck." I whispered. I turned to her. "Nakausap mo siya?"

She looked uncomfortable. "Yeah.. Kasi ring ng ring yung phone mo. Akala ko, friend mo kaya sinagot ko."

"And then?" I urged her.

"Before pa ako mag sabi ng 'hello', andami niya nang sinasabi." Jho chuckled. "Bakit daw ngayon ka lang sumagot, nakalimutan mo daw ba na you're having dinner with her parents bla bla bla tapos sabi ko, 'uh.. this isn't Bea po.' tapos mag e-explain pa lang ako na na sa ospital ka binaba niya na yung phone."

I checked the other messages. Some were from my parents and the rest were from my officemates.

My mom said that Therese already called her to let her know that I was just overfatigued and I was sleeping. I texted my parents to let them know that I'm awake na and I'm okay.

I checked Trey's texts and I read the most recent, about 40 minutes ago.

I'm on my way, B. Baka daanan ko si Jia. Diyan na kami matutulog para makauwi naman si Jho.

I looked at her incredulously. "Kilala mo na si Therese?"

She smiled. "Yes! She's very friendly. Tumawag rin kasi siya. Beast mode nga agad eh. Tinawagan kasi siya ni Ms. Angeline kaya nalaman niyang hinimatay ka. But I explained everything to her and she calmed down naman enough."

She finished eating her ice cream. "Gusto sana niyang pumunta agad kaso tulog ka pa at baka magising ka sa ingay niya kaya wala na munang visitors."

"But you stayed." I commented.

"I had nothing to do naman kasi dapat tutulungan kita sa case mo." She smiled. "I don't know anyone around here din."

I was so distracted by everything that I completely forgot to ask why she's here.

"Shit! Oo nga pala!" I exclaimed. "Why are you here?"

"Mahabang kwento. Saka na lang." She smiled widely. "Pero ang cute, di ba? Nagkita din tayo!"

I was looking at her pink nose.

"Ang cute nga.." I said absent-mindedly.

She laughed and the door burst open. Therese came thundering in, followed by Jia.

"Bea! You are such an idiot!" She shouted and hugged me tight.

"Trey, wag ka nang maingay," Jia approached me and gave me a hug.

I laughed and held up my hands. "Relax, guys. Okay na ako." I gestured to Jho. "Magaling yung bantay ko eh."

"Hello. Nice to finally meet you." Jho held out her hand. Therese ignored it and engulfed her in a hug.

"Jho, this is Therese Gaston and Julia Morado." I said. "Guys this is Jho, uh.."

"Maraguinot." She smiled.

Jho Maraguinot. I'll never ever forget that name.

"She'll be working at GH din," I commented.

"Jia," Jia shook her hand. "Thank you sa pag bantay mo sa makulit naming friend."

"Yes. And since officemate ka na rin namin, we'll treat you to lunch on Monday." Therese added.

"I'll look forward to that." Jho smiled. "Ayusin ko na yung gamit ko. I have to go home na rin eh."

"Sure." We said.

Jho went to the comfort room as I updated Therese and Jia about my relationship status with Fel.

Therese laughed. "First time kang sabihan ng asshole ah."

"Tinawagan mo na siya?" Jia asked.

"No," I answered. "Honestly, wala na rin akong planong suyuin siya. I realized nung nahimatay ako, the first person I wanted to call when I came to, was you guys. It just goes to show na hindi siya ganun ka-importante sa buhay ko."

"Aww that's sweet." Therese nudged me. "Pero mag sorry ka pa rin kay Fel."

"Don't worry, I will." I said.

"Buti kasama mo si Jho nung nahimatay ka, 'no." Jia commented. "Kasi we were all home nun. Kung wala siya, baka late ka pa nasugod sa ospital."

"Oo nga eh." I nodded. "Mag isa pa naman ako sa cubicle. Buti na lang sumulpot si Jho."

"I just remembered," Therese said. "Dati di ba sabi mo may hinahanap kang Jho from Boracay, ngayon may kilala na tayong Jho!" She laughed.

"Hinanap mo ako?" Jho asked.

Therese and Jia fell silent.

"Wait.." Jia asked.

"You mean to say.." Therese added.

"Yes, it's true." I admitted.

"Yung Jho na hinahanap ko sa Boracay, the one I can't get my mind off," I looked at her.

"She's standing right in front of us."