Ch. 24 Thinking

Brennan's POV
I watched Annie leave until I couldn't see her anymore. I turn around and close the door. I see Katie around the corner. She looks very upset.

"Uh, what just happened?" I say as I walk to her and I cross my arms around my chest.

"Well, um, ya see..." She starts playing with her hands and looks at the floor.

"Just tell me. I could hear you two yelling a lot." Even though I could hear them, I couldn't understand them.

"ImayhavetoldAnniethatIdon'tsupportyoutwo." She said it so fast that I had to think about it. Then she tried to smile her way out of it. My eyes widen.

"What do you mean? All she did was kiss my cheek. Anyways, since when do you have a say in my relationship life?" I'm suprised Katie and I are fighting, we never fight. What's up lately?

"I-I-I dont, but I do have an opinion and she didn't like it." Her voice trembled at first but then she grew back her confidence at the end.

"You're going to fix this." I point my finger at her and she looks down at it.

"I don't think I can..." She tries to make herself the victim.

"Well you are going to try damn hard." I walk away and go into my room. I hear her door slam shut and I roll my eyes. I look at my phone to see a message from Caleb.

'What happened to make Annie come home crying??' He said. I try to find a way to word it.

'Katie and Annie got in a fight, just let her cool down for a bit. Alright' I sent it and he said okay. How in the hell am I going to fix this? Can I?

Annie's POV
I open the door and try to make myself look like I haven't been crying. Even then Caleb notices he comes up to me.

"What happened, are you alright?" He looks me up and down to make sure I'm not physically hurt. He takes my hands in his.

"I'm fine." I lie and put my classic fake smile on. "I'm going to go to my room to relax." I know he doesn't believe I'm fine, but I don't care. I walk up to my room and flop on my bed.

Oh...my...God

I sit on my bed and go through my instagram. I see the picture of Brennan and I at breakfast. Should I? I click the three dots above the picture and hit delete. A pop up came up

'Are you sure you want to delete this post? Once it's deleted, it's gone.' I think about and end up not deleting it.

Let's just think about what happened.

Brennan took me to breakfast to take things off my mind. Then he walked us back to his house and I didn't think and kissed his cheek. That doesn't seem like a problem to me. Apperantly Katie did though. Maybe it was my fault and I blew it out of proportions.

I bring my phone up again to see I've gotten a bunch of texts. I open messenger and see.

'Annie, are you alright? I'm always here if you need to talk, okey.' Caleb sent to me, but I didn't say anything back.

'Hey, I'm sorry about what Katie said, but I understand if you need space.' Brennan said that and I don't know if he meant space between us or Katie?

I typed back, 'thanks, some space would be nice.' I hope he does understand.

'Annie, I am sooooo sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  I really hope that we can work this out. If we can meet up at the lake and talk things through that would be great. Your friend- Katie.' I like how she wants to apologize, but I don't think I'm ready.

I don't say anything yet but I do go downstairs to talk to Caleb. I see him sitting on the couch so I decide to join him.

"Hey Caleb, can we talk?" I ask him while taking a seat next to him.

"Ya, what is it?" He puts down his phone and looks at me.

"So long story short, Katie and I got in a fight, but I think it can be resolved. She wants to meet at the lake. Do you think I should go?" I ask him trying to think about myself.

"Well, is this fight worth losing your best friend over? I mean, if I was you I would go, but that's me." I nod my head in agreement.

"By the way, how are things with Syd and you?" I love those two together! I hope everything works out well.

"We are actually really well. She loves me and I love her! It's nice to know that I always have someone to count on to make laugh when I'm sad and to know that there is someone out there to make all your worries go away." By now he was zoned out and it made me smile.

"How do you know you love her?" What I'm I trying to get at.

"Oh, well, whenever I was around her I always smiled. My mind would linger to her at times of the day and being around her so much, she grew on me and I grew on her." He zoned our again. I get up to leave him there. I text Katie to meet me at the lake at 20:02. Right now it was 19:00, so I have an hour to think of what I'm going to say and make things right.

You can do it...
¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!Word count: 950

This was sort of a filler chapter, but had some nice information.

I'm thinking after this book I should write a Saleb one. Thoughts?

Hope you liked it and don't forget to VOTE and comment. Thanks!

time: 23:02