Ch 10 The Lake

Brennan's POV
It's 7:15 and I go up to Katie's room. I knock on the door and peak my head in. They are all looking on YouTube watching random videos.

"Hey, it's 7:15, so if you have anything left to pack up, I'd do it now. At 7:30 meet me in mom's car." I leave her room, but before I'm completely out I catch a glimpse of Annie's eyes, she turns her head away like it never happened. I pack some essentials, such as; sunscreen, a towel, sunglasses, food, drinks, and a nice big picnic planket.

Caleb and Ryan are also getting ready too. I wait for them and then we head downstairs. I have my swim shorts on and a t-shirts. We wait for the girls to get down here. It's 7:28, they have two minutes before we need to leave.

They come down and are wearing swimsuit cover up dresses. They walk to us give us a look.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get going." Hayley says in excitement. We laugh at her and head outside to the car. I'm driving because I have the best driving skills. Caleb is in passenger and everyone else is in the back. I start the car and we drive of to the lake.

Annie's POV
Brennan is driving and I'm sitting by Katie. I go on my phone and check instagram. My mom posted a picture of her and Dad in LA. I like the picture and keep scrolling. After around five mins on my phone I shut it off and look out the window a stare and the moving trees and just get lost in random thought. I see the sun reflecting off the lake and I know we're here. I turn my attention back to Brennan driving.

We get to the entrance and I see the beach. Amanda, Syd, and Liv are all lying on beach towels in the sand. Brennan parks next to Amanda's car. We all hop out and gather our things. We brought a few floaties, a donut decorated one and then two normal inner tubes.

I walk over to Syd and give her a hug first. The Amanda and Liv. I've kind if lost my friendship with Amanda because she is acting older than she really is. Liv did something horrible, but I'm not ready to tell anyone, so we've been acting like friends. That's why I'm so close to Katie and can't ruin that friendship.

Everyone else comes over and gives then hugs. I set my towel next to Syd's, we're still friends. Katie is next to me. Hayley and Ryan decided to go geocaching and play at the playground.

I drop my bag and take off my flip flops. I was about to get in the water, but then I remebered I still had my dress on. I grab the bottom of the dress and pull it over my head. I throw it on the ground run into the water.

"Katie come on! The water feels great!" I yell to her. I put my head underwater and then come back up. Katie is now running into the water to join me. I stand on my toes and wait for her to catch up to me. Once she does she puts her head underwater and then comes up.

"Let's go deeper." I say. We swim a little bit farther so we can't touch.

"Sydney, come join us!" Katie tells to her. We both go underwater and do some flips. When we come up Syd is swimming towards us.

"Hey Syd, what to you want to do?" I ask. I get the hair out of my face and then keep treading.

"Guys. I need your help." Syd says in a serious voice. Katie looks at me and I shrug my shoulders.

"What do you need help with?" Katie asks. We slowly get closer to where we can touch so we aren't so tired.

"Boys. I know that sounds stupid, but I'm in a serious puzzle. Can you help?" She looks nervous that we wobt, but wouldn't we.

"Let me guess, you want to go to the formal with Caleb, but you already got asked." I say, it was pretty obvious since she kept looking back at Caleb when she thought no one was looking. She looks confused that I knew that, but still nods her head yes.