Ch. 11 Taking a Walk

Annie's POV
"Hey Syd, do wanna take a picture with Katie and I?" I say standing up from the bench.

"Sure, what should we do?" All three of us gather and we think of ideas.

"We could all do a presshandstand?" Katie suggest.

"Ya, that'll be perfect with the sunset!" I smile. "Amanda, could you take a picture of us?" I hand her my phone and she nods her head yes. All three of us do a presshandstand and Amanda takes some pictures. Sydney starts moving around and then bumps onto Katie, which she then bumps into me. We fell and started laughing. We helped stand up and then I looked at the pictures. They actually turned out great with the sunset.

"Thanks Amanda!" I hug her. Eben though I don't like her, I can't be mean to her.

"Annie, I have a suprised for you!" She says as we get out of our hug.

"Really? What do you mean." I step back looking confused.

"I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you it's on a walking trail here!" She smiles and claps her hands together.

"Okay, well, what are we waiting for?" I smile and she hugs me again. By now everyone is watching us and they are confused too. Hayley and Ryan joined our group.

"Let's get in the cars and drive to Tree loop (walking trail)." Katie says. Katie, caleb, Brennan, and I all get in one car and then Hayley, Ryan, Amanda, Liv, and Syd get in the other. We drive up a hill from the beach and then there is a gazebo to start the trail off. We park the cars and hop out.

The sun is almost down, but there is just enough light to see the beauty of it all. There is a line off trees on both sides of the wide dirt trail. I look as round in aw. I'm not used to seeing nature like this.

"Come on , let's go!" Liv says. She pushes me to move my legs forward.

"Okay, okay, okay. I'm moving along." I start moving my legs on my own and start walking forward.

"So, what is the suprise? Why'd we come all the way up here?" Katie says crossing her arms across her chest.

"Calm done Katie. You'll see once we start walking." Syd says trying to brighten the mood.

"Annie, look right there." Amanda is pointing at a tree, but I don't see anything. I squint, but nothing.

"I don't see anything." Amanda has her phone out and is recording me. Everyone did the same, but the guys, they're always clueless.

"Are you sure, you don't see that?" She smiles and just then something comes out. I jump a little, but realize what it is.

A guy comes out and is standing in the middle of the trail. I walk closer to him. Everyone had there flash on me and is recording my every movement. I'm close enough to see that it is a guy that goes to me school, Spencer.

To be honest he is super cute. He is one of the few guys who has a sharp jaw line.

He was holding up a sign. And a few balloons. He is smiling at me and waiting for me to read the sign.

It read, Annie, it would be deflating if you didn't go to formal with me. Formal? He was also holding ballons. I smiled when I got done. He walked closer to me and handed me a purple ballon.

"Sooooo...?" He said waiting for an answer.

"Yes, I'll go to formal with you!" I smile brightly and pull him into a hug. I hug him tight. I actually got asked! We let go and I smile. I turn around and everyone is smiling and the girls came in for a group hug with me. I see Brennan and Caleb walk over to Spencer and they do that bro hug thing.

We have like a five minute photo session of Spencer and I. Amanda kept saying how cute we were together. All of us go our separate ways and ride home.

Hayley, Ryan, Caleb, Katie, Brennan, and I all go home. The ride was silent, but I had a smile on the whole time.

Brennan's POV
When we were on the trail and Amanda was pointing something out to Annie, I was worried, because I thought that Amanda might do something mean to her, because they aren't the bestes of friends. It turned out to be worse.

Spencer asked Annie to the school formal. He is the player, he gets a girl and then plays with her heart. Annie is too innocent to understand what he is trying to do. I now have a frown on my face because Annie said yes.

When the girls go in for a hug I walk over to Spencer and give him a bro hug, before I release him, I whisper in his ear "Whatever you do, do not break her heart. You here me?" I feel him nod hid head and then let him go. Caleb smiles and says thanks because now Annie can go.

We decide it's time to go home and we all pile in the car. I drive us home which is about 15 minutes away. I look back in the mirror and see Annie smiling. At least she is happy. I just wish she could have gone with someone who actually cares about her. Looks like I won't be needing that advice from Caleb now.

Once we get home Hayley and Ryan are both sleeping. Caleb carries Hayley in and I wake Ryan up, but he doesn't get up so I throw him over my shoulders. I walk up the steps and Annie is holding the door open for me with the balloon in her hand.

"Thanks Annie." I may have looked at her for too long, but I keep moving forward and put Ryan in his bed. I get ready to go to bed.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Word count: 1005
Good chapter, right?!

Sorry for uploading this late, gut at least I uploaded it.

I hope you guys liked it and don't forget to VOTE!!

Byeeeeeeeee