Ch. 8 Middle of the Night

I was dreaming about pumpkin pie when a random flash of light strikes. Later on thunder came. My eyes start to wake up and I open them. Of course it's raining and thundering , I think.

Through the window I can see some flashes in the air. No thunder. I close my eyes again in hope to go back to sleep. Flash... BIG BOOM OF THUNDER! My eyes open wide. Another lightning strikes. I let out a small squeak. I hate thunderstorms. I curl up in the blanket, but that doesn't help one bit. I decide to go upstairs and get a drink to calm myself down.

Once upstairs, I grab a glass and get some water and ice. I drink it and sit down. I look at my phone and go on instagram. As I'm going through my feed I hear footsteps coming upstairs. I look over and see who it is.

"Hey, Annie. Why are you up here?" Caleb asks and sits down next to me.

"I just need to get some water because if the thunder storm. I hate them so much." I calm down and take another sip. "Can I ask you a question?" I ask.

"Sure, what is it?" He looks at me with consern, because I normally don't ask him if I can ask him a question, I usally just ask it.

"How cone you've been a little rude to me today? You're never like that." I say in a soft and gentle voice.

"Have I really been rude to you?" I nod my head yes. "Oh, well I guess it's because the person you like likes you back, but I can't have the person I like. I guess you could say I'm jealous." He looks down at the table and I can tell he is embarrassed.

"What do you mean the person I like, likes me back?" Who does he mean?

"You know Brennan?" I make a what are you talking about face. "When you guys look at each other or are even in the same room, your eyes twinkle more and he gets in a better mood. He hasn't exactly said that he likes you, but I can tell." He smiles. "I can't believe you couldn't see it yourself." I chuckle.

"I'll take what you are saying into consideration. What do you mean that you can't have Sydney?" I ask to get his point of view.

"She is already going to the Homecoming dance with this guy named Jacob." He looks upset. "The only reason he asked her was because he was dared to. He doesn't even like her like I do." He looks at me and doesn't say anything.

"I'm sure you'll get you're chance buddy. Trust me, she likes you too. I can see it when she looks at you." I get up and put my glass in the dishwasher. "Let's go back downstairs. It was nice to have this talk with you." We walk down and over the fort. Caleb lays down, but Brennan is hogging my space. I squat down and tap his shoulder.

"Brennan...Brennan." I whisper and tap his shoulder. He isn't waking up. I try to move him myself, but he is too heavy.

"Brennan... I need some space to lay down." I start shaking him lightly. He finally starts waking up after a few more shakes. He rubs his eyes and look at me.

"Why did you wake me. I was having a nice dream?" He says with a scratchy voice from not talking in a while.

"You're hogging all of my space Mr." I jokingly say. He looks to his right and sprawls out even more.

"Okay then, looks like I'm going to have to just lay on you." I say and start moving down to the floor. I lay on his leg and then on his arm. He laughs quietly.

"If you want to lay like that you can, but I'm just gonna..." He pulls me closer and wraps me in his arms. Just then thunder booms. I grab him tighter and put my head in his chest.

He starts to rub my back "It's okay Annie, everything is fine." He rests his chin on my head. "I've got you and I'll always be there for you." He doesn't let me go and soon I fall asleep in his arms.

Brennan's POV
Annie started to tap me and whisper my name. I didn't respond to see what she would do. Then she tries to push me over, but doesn't do justice. I feel her start to shake me. I finally give up my act and 'wake' up.

She tells me that I'm hogging her space. I just sprawl out even more as a joke. I'm glad she got that I was joking and played long. He body lays on my foot and my one arm.

Nows my chance. I pull her into my body and wrap my arms around her. She smells like lavender. Some thunder sounded and she buries her head deeper into my chest and hugs me tighter.

I don't get how such a strong girl mentally and physically could be scared of thunderstorms? I make sure to comfort her and I soon feel her breathing steady out and she is asleep. I play with her hair and soon fall asleep myself.

So the Back to School Formal is coming up and I think that I want to go with Annie, but I don't know if she'll go with me, or if she thinks as me as a friend. Maybe I'll ask Caleb for some advice.

I dream about tomorrow and what the day will be like. Amanda (Annie's friend) wanted to go to the lake, but maybe I'll ask if everyone else can go?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am sooooo sorry for this late update. I was really busy this week. I'm actually writing this at 2:12 am.

Word count: 988

I hope you enjoyed this, the next few chapters are going to be soooo good!

Don't just read it, make sure you VOTE too. Talk to you guys later.
Love you all!