Since you left.

Surprise!! Another real world AU
Please Enjoy. ❤️

Warning: This is a really long short story but it's worth it hopefully and minor swearing

Clary's POV:

Me and Jace have been best friends since our moms met at work when we were both 5. Ever since then we have stuck by each other's sides, all through grade school. However we did have a teary goodbye when I left home for my dream art school, SCAD, and he stayed back to pursue his dream of physical training and wellness with our other good friend, Alec.

Flashback:
"...our next graduate will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design. Clary Fairchild!" Said our principal as I walked my way across the stage, shook hands with him and held my diploma over my head as I cried softly.

As I walked down the steps, I saw Jace with the most beautiful smile. As I took my seat next to him, I held his hand for the rest of the ceremony, trying to ignore the Sparks and warmth that was running through my veins. I saw Jace staring down at our interlocked hands for awhile as I saw what somewhat resembled one of his famous smirks.

*time skip within a flashback brought to you by Jace's attitude*

I packed the last couple of boxes onto my old baby blue pick up as my Mom, Jace, and Alec all had tears pricking there eyes. Me and my mom hugged for a solid two minutes in silence.

"I'll be in town for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'll see you then." She said holding both sides of my face. We had family in Savannah, so it was just a lot easier for her to come down then for me to drive back to Ohio.

I moved to Alec, he was offered a scholarship move to China to study Karate, but he denied it to pursue physical training. Everyone was really supportive and nice when he told his parents, so that's a relief.

"Don't forget about us when you make it big, ok Picasso?" He said as we hugged. He called me 'Picasso' as a term of endearment ever since we met Freshmen year and he saw me drawing in class.

Next, and hardest of all, came Jace. We didn't say anything, he just brought me to his chest and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. We stayed like that for awoke before my mom cleared her throat.
"Guys I hate to interrupt this, but Clary really has to get going, it's a ten hour drive as it is."

I broke away from Jace and made my way into the truck, as I started down the road, Jace ran to keep up with the truck but eventually stopped as I got to fast. I saw him in  my rearview mirror as he stood in the middle of the road.

*End of Flashback*

Jace's POV:

Those next six years were some of the hardest times I've been through, but it was worth it. Me and Alec got pretty popular in the fitness world,  moved to LA, and Alec got married and I was his best man.

My personal life was pretty hard too, I missed Clary ever since she drove away that day. We texted when we could, but I couldn't stop thinking about her, her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her lips.........

When I moved to LA, my phone broke and I needed to get a new one. I lost her number and lost contact with her completely. That was a year ago and it has been hell without her. I got a tattoo on my right ankle that is a replica of a painting she once made me so I'd never forget her, not that I ever would.