Taken: 3-4

Clary POV:
My time in this cell is usually uneasy, but today, it was different. The guards I never saw the faces of murmured things past my door.

Then, for hours silence. Nothing, no one talked, no one did or said anything, not even the voice came to taunt me.

Then it happened, the speakers squeaked to life and a recording started playing on if a voice I know all too well.

Jace

"She's nothing to me. Get rid of her, I don't care either way."

No, no it's just a dream, it's not real

"She's nothing to me"

"Nothing to me."

"Nothing to me."

"Nothing..."

Then, the drain at the bottom of my cell started to seep water, then the doors sealed shut.

The water came to waist level

Shoulders

Ears

And I was under, the chain that locked me to the ground preventing me from swimming to the surface. I heard the speaker continue to blare. Even though the water muffled it.

"Nothing to me."

Then,

Everything

Went

B

L

A

C

K

Alec POV:
As soon as Jace passed out, we loaded up on weapons and Magnus drew a portal to the Art Studio.

Simon stayed behind to reason with Jace after he woke up, probably not the best choice, but he was the weakest so, yeah.

As soon as we were all in, we split up and headed down separate hallways in search of Clary.

I turned a corner and I saw rows of doors, unguarded then at the end of the hallway, I saw a heavily locked, sealed door.

Bingo

I quickly reached the end of the hallway and peaked through the window, oh no.

There she was, Clary, completely submerged in water chained to the ground by her ankle, just as we had seen in the photo of her. And I heard a voice playing over the speakers in her cell. It sounded, almost like...Jace.

"Nothing to me."

I have no idea where that recording came from until the flashback hits me.

"IZZY!! You can't bring a dog in here" I scolded for the last time.

"Why not!?!? Hodge gets a bird! Jace! What do you think" she asks as he walks into the room. "Can we keep her?"

I give him a knowing glance to side with me on this one, he of course,
Ignores it.

"She's nothing to me. Get rid of her. I don't care either way." He say sounding bored.

But where on earth did they get that recording, I look around and see that they cleared the place, probably knowing we were coming. Oh well, a fight for another day.

I try to unlock to door but it won't budge, so I call Magnus.

"Did you find anything?" He asks, sounding out of breath.

"Yeah, but it's locked."

"I'm on my way." Suddenly he turns the corner.

"You rang?"

"Yeah, yeah, just unlock." I say gesturing to the door.

He glances through the glass and gasps, "Yeah, we made a smart deduction leaving Jace behind, step back."

I do so and he waves his wrist and the door busts open. Pouring all the water out with it, dropping Clary to the ground.

After the water has passed, I run over to her and check her pulse while Magnus calls Izzy. Her pulse is slow, and barely there at all.

I slice through her chain and lift her into a cradling position and as I exit the cell I see that Magnus has caught Izzy up to speed. She looks mortified.

Magnus draws a portal back to the front steps of the Institute, from out side I can hear Jace screaming.

We all exchange glances and walk inside. Since I am the only one that Jace won't kill on impact after being untied, I set clary on the floor and out of Jace's view.

"Let me go Simon!!! I have to get to her..I have—" his voice is rough and scratchy from screaming so much.

He sees the three of us and his anger rises.

"Where is she?!? WHERE IS SHE?!?!?"
He screams. With caution, I approach him and untie him.

As soon as his hands are free, my throat is pinned against the nearest wall,

"You promised to save her!!!! You left me wondering and praying that she hadn't been killed!!" He is full on enraged.

"I swear I will rip you limb from—"

He gets caught off guard by a delicate, soaked, redhead turning the corner.

"Jace?"

The pressure on my throat is immediately released as he sprints down the hallway

Clary POV:
He reaches me and holds me in his arms and we stay like that for awhile until everyone disperses. (Pictured above)

Finally, he breaks the silence "I though I lost you." His voice is desperate, scratchy.

"You can't get rid of me that easily."

He laughs gently and as he nuzzles his head in my shoulder, I feel a wet spot forming on my recently dried shirt.

"Is Jace Herondale crying?"

"Yes." He sounds defeated.

"Hey, look at me." I say pulling his face up "I love you, I'll always be right here for you."

"Oh Clary, but when you needed me, I wasn't there for you. I wa—"

"Oh shut up." I say bringing his lips to mine.

After that, he bring me to the infirmary where Magnus is waiting. Jace helps me onto the cot as Magnus checks my vitals.

"I'll be right back." He kisses me on the forehead and Simon and Izzy rush in.

I know it's got a lot of grammar problems, but it's late. As always, I love your feedback