Taken: 2-4

Jace POV:
It's been three weeks, three weeks and none of us, not even Magnus, have been able to find anything about where Clary is and who took her.

Clary POV:
"Why are you doing this?!?!" I scream, barely recognizing my own voice. I've been screaming for so long, I doubt anyone can hear me.

I don't even know who my kidnapper is, I just hear his voice every now and then. Telling me that I'm worthless, that being here is just lifting the burden off everyone's shoulders, I can't even decipher my thoughts from his anymore.

I feel broken, every now and then my mind drifts to Jace and how I left him, and if he's even alive anymore. Last I saw him, he had a dagger in his side. These are usually the things I try not to think about.

Jace POV:
I wander through the halls of the institute. After awhile, I realize that I'm the only one in it. I can't even hear the sirens or cars from outside its all just silence.

Suddenly, a blood curdling scream echoes through the halls, one I know all too well.

"JACE!! HELP!!!! SAVE ME PLEASE!!"

Clary

I sprint like a madman following the sound of her voice and find her in the infirmary of all places. I run to her and realize that she is unharmed. I tap her shoulder and she turns around and she beams at me.

"You found me." She says, relieved. A huge grin creeps it's way onto my face. 

As I'm about to say something, she does. And it breaks my heart.

"You found me, why couldn't you keep me?" She ask with a pained look on her face.

Then I see it, a dagger protruding from her abdomen. I look up to her in horror and she seems to be simply flaking off   (Like Four or Voldemort) As her face disappears, she whispers, "Jace, why?"

I shoot up to a sitting position and beads of sweat fall from my face like bullets. "I'm sorry!!" I shout to seemingly no one.

I look to my a bed and see the place where Clary would be sleeping, and in her place, is on weight my empty whiskey bottles. I lift it and holding it in my hand, anger boils inside me and I throw it across the room and it smashes to shards

"GAHHHH!!!!"

I sit there in self pity for some time before Izzy peaks her head in the door.

"Jace, we found her, we found Clary."

Hope springs in my chest, I didn't need to be told twice as I leapt from bed, following Izzy closely down the hall to Magnus, where he had a holographic map pulled up.

He glanced over and noticed me "Morning Sleeping Beau—"

"Where the hell is Clary?"

"Snappy...she's here" he says pulling up a picture of an abandoned art studio on the other side of town.

I lightly chuckled  when I realized that of all place for Clary to be hidden, they hid her in an Art Studio.

"How do you know?" I ask

"We picked up this photo on some surveillance cameras I installed to track demons." He says as he pulls up a photo of her, and it nearly breaks me, her body is almost just skin and bones, her cheeks hollowed, and one ankle chained to the floor.

I feel myself almost breaking, I cough to mask the pained groan that almost escapes my lips.

"Well, let's get going." I say ready to get her back.

"About that...."Alec pipes up. "You're not going."

"The hell i'm not!" I say, feeling my face getting hot.

"Jace it's just that, if push comes to shove, your too emotionally attached to Clary to get her out safely" Izzy tries to reason.

It fails "No, absolutely not, I will not stand by while you—"' they cover my screams and Magnus waves his wrist and suddenly, mine are bound to a support beam. And a sharp pain shoots from my neck

Anger seeps through my pores, and I feel the rope binds scratch against my wrists as I struggle. (Face pictured above)

" Let me GO!!! I need to get to her, I need to save her, I ne..I need to..."

I fall down to my knees and my eyes shut unwillingly, the last thing I hear before I black out is Alec.

"We'll get her back Jace, I promise"