Closer

GAHHHH THEY KISSED!!! This is just Jace's POV during that whole situation and thoughts after. I DON'T OWN ANYTHING!!

Jace POV:
Fighting off the last "hell hound" demon, me and Izzy shared glances and I looked around for Clary. Nothing. Shit. "Izzy, do you see clary?"

"Shit! No, where could she be, I got distracted fighting off the demons." She  and I spread out a bit to look for her. Nothing.

That's when I heard it, her panicked voice.

"Get back! I said get back!!" She sounded so desperate, so helpless, even though she wasn't. I followed the noise but it was just leading to a vent in the ceiling. Pissed off that it wasn't her, I put a sizable dent in the nearest generator.

Izzy came running over, "What was that? Did you find her?" Her face falls as she realizes what the noise was. "Jace, I know your pissed off that you lost your girlfriend—"

"She's not my—"

"Now they know we're here, we need to get going, has that blade right?"

"Yeah." I say smirking, thinking about how hot she looked when she killed the vampire back at Dumort.

"Then she can handle herself, she's proven she can."

"Alright," I say defeated.

Soon enough we reach the rooftop and wait for Clary.

10

30

An hour

"That's it I'm going back for her, I say to Izzy."

"Jace no!," she graces my arm "Luke and Alec will find her, we need to get back."

~~~~~~~~~Time Lapse~~~~~~~~~

"These tunnels are swarming with shags demons." I say, gesturing to the map of the station. "It's only a matter of time before they find her, we need to make sure that doesn't happen." I say that last part to myself more than anyone else.

Making my way over to the team that is in charge of announcements, "All right, listen up. I want this entire institute on high alert. I don't care what anyone else says, I'll take full responsibility." Because she's worth it to me. But that last part was in my head. Right now Clary is the only thing that matters! Shit, that was out loud, but they don't seem to notice, they're looking right over my shoulder.

"Jace." Her voice, sends electric bolts down my spine. I immediately turn around to see my little red head coming  down a small flight of steps.

"Clary." I say letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. She runs straight into my embrace. Am I imagining this? No.

We stay like that for a awhile until everyone gets the hint and clears out.

"I did it," she proclaims proudly as her soft green orbs stare into mine. "I got the cup." I look around and make sure no one hears me but her.

"I don't care about the cup. When I got out, I didn't see you, I was," mortified, "worried something might've happened to you."

"There was a demon, shapeshifter," she seems tense, almost like she's reliving a nightmare. "It looked just like you." Wait what?!? Demons shape shift into the thing that their prey cares most about, and it looked like me?? Hope springs in my chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." She's lying, I can tell, but that's a question for another time.

"And the demon?"

"I sent him straight back to hell." She says confidently. God her confidence is sexy, I wanted nothing more than to carry her to my room and lock the door.

"How'd you know it wasn't me," I asked, hoping she didn't just notice me ogling her.

"I just knew."

"But of a risk wasn't it?"

"Well this may come as a surprise, but I actually do listen to some of the things you tell me. You just have to pay attention to the details." Ohh god she was not making it easy to keep my distance.

"Yeah well I told you the first time we met." I say recalling that first day. "You have the sight, you're a Shadowhunter, just like the rest of us—" I get cut off by the very thing I've been wanting since I met her.

Her lips on mine.

It doesn't take long for me to gather her in my arms and let out all the passion I feel for her in that kiss. Soon enough, she pulls away smiling.

Oh hell no, I have resisted her for this long, it's my turn.

I pull her back to my lips and we sit like that until we both need to breath, our foreheads against each other. My eyes open taking in her, small figure, her small, deadly, sexy, figure. Like a firecracker.

My little firecracker, except I fully intend on making sure this flame can burn for a long eternity.