Almost Perfect

GUYS IM SO SORRY THAT IVE BEEN DEAD. So to try to apologize, I've made a cute fluffy one shot.

AU where Jace and Clary are normal people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clary's POV:
Everything in my life was completely perfect! Seriously! I had my dream job,which paid greatly,might I add.

I lived in the wonderful and lovely Portland, Oregon. (Yes I know it's New York, bear with me) right next to the lake, on the lovely gated community of the Urban Ave. And my dream house had the best view of the lake once the sun started to rise and set.

Literally, everything was perfect,except my love life. Well, let's call it complicated.

I was in love with my best friend. Who was never around. At least not in physical form. The two of us met over Instagram, when I accidentally thought it was someone else, following them. Then, messaging him afterwards.

We both kept talking and talking.

Staying up til' 3 in the morning just talking.

Sharing interests with one another.

Loving the same things.

Both liked karate and fighting forms.

Always being there for each other.

Being the one the other person needs in times of needs like when his dad died.

So, all the time we both talked, my heart felt something it hadn't before him.

Yet, he never told me where he live , so that always remained a mystery. But, you both started to get acquainted with one another. Eventually, as he posted pictures of himself, I nearly fainted, which I didn't do a lot.

All you knew was that his name was Jace and he was the same age as me.

And, I, admittably, was desperately in love with him.

//if you want the feels,play 'Some Might Say' By Oasis right now.//

I came home from another evening out with your co-workers and kick off my beige pumps. I shimmey my black suit jacket off and trudge to your room. I walk in and remove my dress. I dug through my closet and grab a tank top and some grey sweatpants. I put those items on and release the elegant bun out of it's place and shake my head of relentless red curls out of their pinned place.

My phone goes off on it's spot on my bed and I jump onto my bed, knowing why it rang. I quickly entered my phone's passcode.

'Jace: Hey! :(('

'You: Hey! What's with the sad face? :('

'Jace: I need someone,like here with me.I'm alone.And bored.And hungry'

'You: I wish i was there with you XD so we could make pizza.'

'Jace: do you even know where I live?'XD'

'You: No...but you can tell me :D'

'Jace: I live in Portland, born and raised.

You could've sworn you felt your heart stop for a moment.

'You: You do? :0'

'Jace: yeah....why?'

'You: I LIVE IN PORTLAND YOU DUMBASS'

'Jace: R U SERIOUS?! UR NOT FUCKING WITH ME?!'

'You: Where do you live?!'

'Jace: I live on Urban Avenue'

'You: Jace are you serious?! YOU LIVE ON MY STREET?!?! How have we never seen each other?

'Jace: I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE!! Which house is yours?!I'm putting on my shoes right now!

'You: THE BIG BLACK AND WHITE HOUSE!!!!!'

'Jace: I'm coming, it's cold outside... and I'm in my pajamas. I SEE IT!'

I threw my phone on the bed as I hear the doorbell go off. I run down my stairs, almost rolling off of them. I jumped off of the last two steps and ran to my door. I quickly swing it open and see him there. Jace. My best friend who I love. Wearing a black shirt and plaid pajamas pants. We both just freeze, before we both hug onto each other. I start to cry into his chest.

"I'm finally meeting my best friend.",he says,his voice sounding perfect. Like,it was composed of angels. Heck, HE was composed of angels. (Hahaha I'm so funny...also I'm going to hell) I pull back and just look up at him.

"I'm finally meeting you.",I sniff, wiping a tear away. Jace smiles down on me and his eyes become glossy. Then, he cups my chin and leans down, pressing his lips onto mine. He wraps his other arm around me, pulling me closer. My eyes shot open and I slowly flutter them close. I tippy-toe and kiss back. His plump lips against mine. We both pull away, simply for the need for air, making a suction noise.

"I finally met the love of my life.",he whispers, staring into my eyes.

"Me too.", I Smile back.

We sit there with his strong arms secured around my waist and mine running the length of his jawline.

Suddenly, a Cheshire grin spread across his face and he suddenly picked me up bridal style and slammed the door with his heel running down my halls until he finds my living room, plopping down on my couch. Me ending up in his lap.

"So close already huh?" I say laughing.

"Oh shut up." He says nuzzling his head in my neck making his slight stubble tickle my neck but at this point I really don't care.

"Stooooop." I say giggling

"God her laugh is sexy." He says kind of to himself.

"Why thank you." I say trying to get his attention.

His face goes tomato red. "Shi....shit... You heard that?"

"Yes, but don't worry it was very hot."

And then he captured my lips on his. His tongue swept my bottom lip asking for entry. To which I denied earning a groan from Jace and a soft laugh from me while our foreheads touch, gasping for air.

Jace is the first to be able to form words "I've been waiting for months to do that and you choose now to be closed off?" He asks, clearly frustrated

"Months?"

"Yes, all I've wanted for the past 11 months is too hold you close and protect you. I finally get that chance. I can finally hear your voice and not just read your texts. And I can finally make up for all the months wasted, just wanting you in my arms...When all this time you were down the goddamn street!!........I just want be there for you, Clary." He exhales and his golden orbs pierce mine.

And then our lips collided with such a force that I feared we would break. And this time, no one held anything back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1082 Words

So to make up for the impromptu hiatus I thought I'd make this one extra long.
Like the chapter! Leave a comment, you know you're input is the world to me.

Yours, Carebear_139