What you meant to say

I discovered this beauty👆🏼.
Also, this chapter doesn't really have a plot, just kinda writing as I go,😅. ITS GONNA BE A LONG CHAPTER BECAUSE IM A HORRIBLE PERSON WHO DOESN'T UPDATE. SORRY. 😅😅😅

Clary's POV:
           I've been best friends with Jace ever since I met him at my Tai Kwon Do class as a kid. Since then, we started hanging out a lot at school, and outside of school, then college rolled around and we sadly split up, but we ran into each other in NYC and have since moved in together, he's running his own Dojo, and I'm working as a graphic designer for an add campaign. We live in a spacious apartment with lots of Windows and a great view of Manhattan. I guess that you could say it's all going perfectly, except for one small problem.  

I've fallen for Jace, despite my best efforts, he still has no clue though. I've been pretty good at hiding it, he can't know, he's my best friend.

Jace had been in a relationship with this girl, Izzy, for about a year. She's one of the best people I know, we became really good friends, and we still are. Jace and Izzy broke up when she was caught making out with her now-girlfriend

They then broke up because she cheated. Jace took it pretty well actually, he said that he wanted her to be happy, which from what I can tell, she is.

So currently, he's not with anyone, but to restate my earlier point, he has no idea how I feel, I wouldn't dare say anything.

The front door jiggled as the sound of keys made it's way to my ears, signaling that Jace was home. We were both ready for the weekend, considering it was Friday.

"Hey, how was work?" I ask as I skim through which Stranger Things episode I haven't already watched.

"UUUGH" he said face planting onto the couch as I sat on the recliner.

"Need a beer?" I asked making my way to the kitchen to grab one for myself.

"I love you." He says not paying attention
I froze in my tracks making my way back to the couch with the opened beers. My heart starts beating at 90 mph, he stands up, his golden eyes now wide. "I...um...I didn't mean it in that way......I uh."

"It's fine, I get what you meant." I say, deflated as I out the beers down, avoiding his eye contact.

Well, if you weren't sure before, you know where he stands now. I thought to myself solemnly.

                •               •               •

About 3 beers later, we are both admittedly a bit tipsy, well,  Jace is more like loopy than tipsy.

"Hey Clare-bear?" He says giggling.

"What?" I ask laughing at his tipsy nickname for me.

"Your hair's on fire!" He exclaims, giggling attempting to 'put it out' . We both lay there giggling and passing jokes for a couple hours, 'til it reaches about 1:00 am.

"Heeeeey Clareeeeey" He whispers to me.

"Whaaaat?" I whisper back.

"I need to tell you something........but don't tell Jace, he'd kill me if I told you." He says like a three year old, not fully realizing that he's speaking in third person.

"What is it?" I ask leaning closer to hear his 'secret'. He keeps looking down to my lips and my heart flutters. 

Snap out of it, you know how he feels, or doesn't feel, for that matter.

"I lied earlier." He says in a whisper-talking tone.

"About what?" I ask

"About when I said I didn't mean it." He says leaning even closer.

"Didn't mean what?" I ask confused, because I was pretty tipsy too.

"This," he says pulling my neck towards him as he brings his lips to mine. His tongue dancing along my bottom lip, begging for entry. Soon, our tongues are in a heated battle of who needs it more. My senses came alive and I became almost 90% sober.

Once we pull apart, both out of breath, we continue watching whatever was on the tv, even though neither of us were really paying attention

After awhile, I head up to bed, shortly followed by Jace; who claimed to be 'lonely in his own bed'. I didn't mind, as long as he stayed on his side of the bed, considering I didn't want to make a drunk decision that I'd end up regretting.

The next Morning, I woke up with a massive headache, reaching for the aspirin I keep in my bedside table, I felt two arms around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I turned to see Jace, recalling the events of last night. I sighed as I realized that Jace probably didn't remember.

However, I didn't want to ruin this moment that would probably never happen again, so I sat there for 15 more minutes as I waited for him to wake up, once he did, he immediately jumped out of bed, his eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to scare you, I just tend to cuddle in my sleep, and I couldn't—OH GOD, Did I do anything last night?!?!" He rumbled frantically, running his hands through his hair.

"No, Jace, your fine. Nothing happened, I promise." I say getting up and grabbing his wrists.

"Clary, the one thing I do remember about last night was that kiss, I didn't mean to do that," he explains, he must have seen my deflated expression. "No! Not like that, oh god I'm doing this all wrong......I definitely wanted to do that, I have for years! I just wanted to do it right, now I've ruined it." He says hyperventilating as he paces around the room.

"Jace!"

"Yeah?" He asks finally making eye contact.

"Shut up." I say pushing him against the wall and bringing his face to mine. I feel a smile stretch from ear to ear as his hands find there way to my waist

He seems stiff, as if he can't believe what's happening, my hands find there way into his hair as I slightly tug on his hair and he groans, allowing me access to explore his mouth.

His hands run up and down my sides until they stop under my legs. We turn and my back is against the wall and my legs are around his waist. 

(don't worry, there is no smut, just implied

(don't worry, there is no smut, just implied.)

His hands grip my waist as he drops me on to the bed an we let out all of the pent up emotion that has been building up for over 10 years.