Taken: 4-4

I know, it posted weird, for chronological order, please skip to the next one, then come back to this one.

       I purse my lips and fumble my fingers together. "If it weren't for Jace, I don't know what would have happened. The thought of him kept me going."

       "Don't even think about that, Clary You're okay. You're fine. For that alone, I'm grateful." Izzy cries, taking her hand in mine. She sniffles, and grins. "I'm not leaving your side even for a split second."

      "What if I have to go to the bathroom?" I chuckle quietly, and rub my nose.

       "Then we will go together." She laughs, attempting to lighten the mood

       "I was scared, Izzy." I confess, feeling a lump on my throat start to form. "I was so scared."

       "I know you were, honey."

       "Hi."

       I don't need to look up to realize who it is.

       "Hey." I respond.

       Izzy gets up from beside me. "I'll get you a cup of water." I wince at the mention of water but she doesn't seem to notice. "Simon, you coming?"

       "I thought you weren't going to leave my side?" I playfully joke.

        "I don't need to worry if he's with you." She claims, and saunters out of the room with my other friend on her side. Probably going to go make out by the look on his face.

       He's standing by the door, seeming as if he were contemplating to take a closer step towards me. His eyes are staring deep into mine, and I could clearly see the redness on his nose.

        "If you don't come closer, I will get off this bed and go to you." I simper, biting the bottom of lip trying to contain my laugh.

        "Don't move, Clary." He scowls, and strides to the edge of the bed.

        "I'm going to get up anyways." I shrug, and I'm about to get up but I'm gently pushed back against the bed with Jace's hands on either side of my shoulder.

       He doesn't move and keeps staring at me as if I was something fragile that he could easily break.

      I press my palm to his cheek and his breathe gets caught for a second before leaning against it.

      "I'm okay, Jace." I start to say. "I'm here. You're here. I'm okay. We're okay."

      "I needed to hear that." He inches closer, closes his eyes and presses his forehead against mine. My hands have dug themselves into his mess of dirty blonde hair and I enjoy the close proximity.

       "You're my best friend, Jace." But I knew this moment couldn't last forever.

"Is that all?" He pouts.

"You know it's not" I say pulling him to me and kissing him deeply, passionately. I feel his smirk on my lips. He picks me up and sets me down on the bed and kisses my forehead.

"Sleep Princess"

As he stands up to leave, I grab his wrist. He looks down at me and smirks.

"Thank god, I wasn't going to be able to sleep without knowing you were in my arms, safe." He admits.

He lays down next to me and drapes his arm over mine. Like a cage, but not one that confines me, one that makes me feel safe.