Stay Alive

Hi, I'm total Hamiltrash and this idea came to me while I was in study block. Ok here we go don't hate me.

Third Person POV:

"Where is she?!" A cracked dry voice echoed through the entire institute as Jace bolted through towards the infirmary.

"Jace, come in, they brought her in a half an hour ago, she lost a lot of blood on the way over"
Izzy said sounding quite stressed out.

"Is she alive?" He said in a shy voice.

"Yes, but you have to understand
The dagger entered just above her hip and lodged in his right arm"

"Can I see her please?" He said pleading with Izzy.

"Magnus is doing everything he can but the wound was already infected when she arrived." She said as she saw the light of his gold eyes almost leave him completely. He pushed past her and ran to her side

"Clary!" He said, immediately going onto his knees beside her bed to be at her eye level.

"I did exactly as you said.." She stopped mid sentence to cough up blood which almost made Jace faint right there. "But they were faster" She said attempting to continue before she was stopped by Jace's finger on her lips.

"I know, I know, shh
I know you did everything just right, shh" He said trying to comfort her as she took in his appearance. His hair looked like he'd been attempting to tear it out. His black jacket had been left unzipped, not that he cared. And the bags under his eyes were growing by the second. She attempted to continue.

"Even before I could figure out what was happening, I was on the ground, and I tried to run to get away, but. The they threw the dagger."

Jace was almost crying at this point. "I know, save your strength and stay alive!" He pleaded.

Jace quickly shot up and started pacing around the room and mumbling/screaming at himself.
"Is she breathing, is she going to survive this?" He heard concerned mumbles outside the room.

"How could you let this happen?!" He said pulling at his hair. "Jace, you should have never let her go alone!" He scolded himself.

"Jace, I'm so sorry for forgetting what you taught me. We played piano." She said attempting to recall on the good memories.

"I taught you piano" He said as he rested his hand on her cheek.

"You would put your hands on mine" She mused as she put her hand on top of his.

"You changed the melody every time" He said choking back his tears.

"I would always change the line." She began having a coughing fit once again.

"Shh, I know." He said praying that she'd survive somehow

"I would always change the line" She repeated softly.

"Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do" he mumbled softly.
She repeated what he had done. "Good" He encouraged

They spoke together this time. "Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do" she attempted to continue as Jace closed his eyes to push out the tears.

"Do-Re-Mi-Fa" She stopped halfway through and he opened his eyes to see why and the sight tore apart his insides and his heart and his stomach switched places. Clary's eyes had closed and he gently laid her hands on her stomach so the she could finally be at rest.

*Time skip brought to you by the second season of Shadowhunters*

After hour or so of not moving at all, Jace got up to go to his room. He started to search for his whiskey but before he could there was a song that played faintly around the room.

One last time
Relax have a drink with me
One last time...

The voice was angelic and he sat on his bed and listened for a second. Slowly the room started to fade as he trued to grasp anything he possibly could so that he could keep listening to the song. But, the more he tried to hold on. The more it slipped away. He started to scream in frustration as he tried desperately to hold on.

Until suddenly, he sat up with a start and realized that he was in his bed, under his covers. His hands were shaking and his breathing erratic.

Suddenly, he felt soft small hands grip his shoulders and he looked over and there she was, sitting under the covers with him.

His favorite redhead.

"Jace. Jaaaace" She said as she tried to get his attention.

He sputtered in disbelief as his eyes met her brilliant ones. "Clary?"

"Jace? You were having a nightmare. Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yes," he sighed "I'm perfect" he said pulling her closer as the laid back down.