Chapter 24

Naruto's pov:

I let out a sigh of relief as I noticed I was still in time for the final exam. I quickly went to stand next to Shikamaru. As I looked around I noticed Mizuki and Sasuke were missing.

"Oi Shikamaru, have you seen Mizuki and Sasuke yet?"

"No they're still missing. I haven't seen this Dosu that I'm supposed to fight either." He replied.

Before our matches began the examinator showed us a change in the fights that were supposed to take place. Apparently Dosu had dropped out and now Shikamaru was supposed to fight someone else.

"Now the rules are the same as the rules for the preliminaries. The matches will continue until one or the other person dies, or acknowledges defeat. However if I judge that it has been settled, I'll stop the match there. Arguments will not be allowed. Now, the first match is Naruto Uzumaki vs Neji Hyuuga. Just those two remain here and the rest of you will go to the waiting room."

The others soon left the area and I was left facing Neji. As I looked into the audience I saw Hinata trying to find a seat with Kiba.

"You seem like you want to say something." Neji said.

"I said it before, didn't I?" I curled my hands into fists "I'll win no matter what."

"Now then, round one. Begin!" the proctor said.

~~~

Mizuki's pov:

"These dumplings are delicous." I sighed.

Today was the day of the final exam and because we trained so hard, Kakashi decided to treat us to dumplings. We were just talking and laughing about stories Kakashi told us about when he was younger.

For the finals I got myself a new outfit. It consisted of tight black shorts, a sky blue top with a white pattern on it and black ninja boots. My weapons pouch was tied securely around my right leg and bandages covered my right upper arm, concealing the fairy tail mark. As finishing touch I hung a water bottle at my hip.

I was nibbling contently on my second stick of dumplings when I noticed something.

The sun.

The sun was already high up in the sky while our matches were supposed to be late in the morning. I started choking on my precious dumpling while Sasuke started hitting my back.

When I could freely breathe again I started panicking.

"Guys! We're late for our matches!"

Kakashi casually looked up at the sky. "Ah, you're right." He then continued eating the last bit of his dumpling.

Sasuke and I looked at each other weirdly.

"Uhm, shouldn't we go then?" Sasuke suggested.

"Fine. Now strike a cool pose, I wanna make a big entrance." Kakashi said as he went to stand next to Sasuke and I.

After a few minutes of contemplating which pose would be best, we decided to all stand back to back with our arms casually crossed in front of us.

Leaves started swirling around us and before we knew it we were in the arena.

"Your names?" The proctor asked.

"Sasuke Uchiha and Mizuki." Sasuke stated.

As soon as he said our names the crowd went wild.

"Well then, even though you're late you are not disqualified. Now then lets start the first match. Mizuki from Konoha vs Ryuu Fujimoto from the hidden mist village."