Chapter 17

"Mizuki! Over here." Naruto waved at me with a big grin on his face as I approached him and Sasuke. Sasuke merely nodded at me and we continued to walk inside.

Chunin exams, here we come

As we entered we saw two guys kick down a boy in a weird green suit and an absolutely horrible haircut.

"You're trying to take the chuunin exams with that kind of level? Maybe you should just quit, kids." The guys said next.

"Please let us through." A girl with buns on her head muttered softly but she ended up being punched as well.

"What did you say? Listen up, we're being kind to you. The chuunin exam is incredibly difficult. We have seen those who gave up on becoming ninja or become seriously injured taking this exam. What's wrong with sifting out those who aren't going to pass anyway?"

"That's a sound argument. But I will pass. And undo the genjutsu you created, I want to go to the third floor." Sasuke interrupted them.

"Oh you noticed?" The guys smirked at him.

"Mizuki you probably noticed first. You're the smartest of this team." Sasuke then looked at me.

Ha ha oops I didn't even really notice. But I can't bring down my reputation.

"Of course I noticed, we're still on the second floor." I said trying to sound like I knew all along.

Smooth

One of the two guys then released the genjutsu and for some reason went to kick Sasuke who was ready to counter it with his own kick. But the green thing flashed in between them and caught both of their legs.

He's fast.

His other teammate stepped in looking quite irritated.

"Hey you broke the promise. You're the one who didn't want to draw attention by doing anything that stands out."

The green thing then turned to me and started towards me.

"My name is Rock Lee, you are Mizuki-chan right? You live with Kakashi." I awkwardly nodded at it.
"Since Kakashi is eternal rivals with Gai-sensei, you're my eternal rival." He then proceeded to strike some ridiculous pose.

"Uhm" I muttered as I slowly stepped behind Sasuke and Naruto. "We really don't have to be eternal rivals."

Luckily his male teammate decided to step in and save me from the embarrassment.

"Hey you, identify yourself."

I glanced to Naruto to see him muttering something about Sasuke who gets all the attention or something.

"You're supposed to identify yourself before you ask." Sasuke answered simply before walking away.

I excused myself to go to the toilet for a bit. As I walked there I suddenly crashed into someone and fell very gracefully on my ass.

"Watch were you're going." A cold voice said.

I looked up to see Gaara of the dessert staring down on me with a dark aura surrounding him.

I smiled awkwardly up at him before standing up. "Uh hi Gaara, I didn't see you, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

He looked at me strangely before walking around me.

Tsk he didn't even help me up.

~~~

When I returned to my teammates I saw Sasuke beaten up at the ground and Lee being reprimanded by .... a turtle?