Chapter 21

Recap:

"Th-the winner is Mizuki." Hayate anounced.

I deactivated my eyes and leapt up onto the balcony in between Naruto and Sasuke.

"Hn good job. How are your wounds?"

Sasuke patted my head.

I lifted up my clothes slightly so they could see my stomach. All traces of the wound had disappeared.

His eyes widened slightly as a pink hue appeared on his cheeks, before turning away from me abruptly.

~~~

'Akadou Yoroi vs Uchiha Sasuke' the screen read in neon green letters.

"Hn, I guess it's my turn." Sasuke smirked before starting to walk downwards.

"W-wait!" I grabbed his wrist.

Sasuke immediately stopped walking and turned around with widened eyes.

"Let me heal your wounds for you." 

I let go of his wrist and put my right hand on his chest. A blue glow surrounded my hand as I healed his wounds swiftly.

As soon as I finished my healing process, I leaned closer to him. Standing on my toes I whispered 'good luck' in his ear. As I pulled back I noticed Sasuke's cheeks were just as flushed as mine probably were.

He gave a small genuine smile and jumped down to the waiting proctor and his opponent, a tall leaf ninja and one of Kabuto's teammates. He had a mask covering the bottom half of his face while dark sunglasses concealed his eyes.

"We will now begin the second match. Then... begin."

"Let's go." Yoroi did a handsign which made chakra surround his hands as he reached into his weapon pouch.

Sasuke jumped backwards to put some distance between them and grabbed a kunai to fend of the shuriken Yoroi threw at him. 

Before Sasuke could do a counter attack, he flinched noticably and grabbed his shoulder. His expression became pained as he fell on his knees.

I worriedly clenched the bars.

Yoroi flashed behind Sasuke and attempted to hit him with one of his chakra coated fists, Sasuke however managed to dodge it and kicked his opponent's leg.

Yoroi fell down and Sasuke pulled him into some sort of wrestling hold.

"He did it!" Naruto exclaimed happily from beside me.

"What's he doing?" I pondered out loud as Yoroi grabbed Sasuke's shirt.

"It appears that he's sapping his chakra." Kakashi answered.

My head whirled towards Kakashi in shock.

"You can do that?" I asked increduously. "How can Sasuke even win against that?"

Kakashi patted my head softly. "Don't worry Mizuki, he'll be fine."

I relaxed slightly and focused on the fight again. Yoroi continued to sap bits of Sasuke's chakra and the Uchiha was noticeably getting tired. His attacks became slower and had less power behind them.

Come on Sasuke, you're stronger than this

"You call yourself Uchiha Sasuke like that?!" Naruto suddenly shouted "Stop acting like an idiot! Get serious!" 

"Come on Sasuke, you're stronger than this!" I exclaimed loudly.

Our words seemed to give him a newfound determination. Sasuke lowered himself into a battle stance and managed to evade most of Yoroi's attacks.

He continued dodging for a minute or so until he suddenly leapt forward. He slid under Yoroi and kicked him up high into the air. He jumped behind his opponent.

I tightened my hands around the railing as Sasuke let out a grunt of pain. I gasped as I noticed his curse mark rapidly spreading over his body.

"Sasuke!" I screamed desperatedly. 

My scream echoed around the room.

"Mizuki" Sasuke mumbled softly. 

To my relief the curse mark receded.

Sasuke smirked and slammed his leg into Yoroi, sending him down towards the ground.

He flipped into the air and slammed his foot into Yoroi's chest.

"Lion's barrage!" The Uchiha yelled, crushing Yoroi under his foot.

Yoroi coughed up blood as Sasuke slid across the floor, unable to get up.

Silence ensued as the proctor stepped forward and checked Yoroi's pulse, while Sasuke slowly managed to stand up.

"I will stop this fight now. The winner is Sasuke Uchiha." 

"Yes!" Naruto leaned over the railing.

I jumped down and tackled Sasuke into a hug. 

"You did it!"

"Ahem" Kakashi awkwardly scratched his throat  behind me.

I realized what I'd just done and immediately jumped back, blushing madly.

"Sasuke!" Naruto interupted our awkward silence "You won in such an idiotic way! You're all worn out, baka!"

"That idiot." Sasuke muttered, but he wore a tiny little smile.

"Uchiha Sasuke, we medics will give you the best possible medical treatment we can. " A medic appeared beside Sasuke.

"No need" I stepped forward "I'll heal him." 

He looked at me increduously as I healed him in a little less than a minute.

"Very well then." He left to tend to Yoroi.

"Sasuke, come with me. I'm going to try and seal that curse mark."

Sasuke thanked me for healing him and left with Kakashi. I went back to my position next to Naruto on the balcony.

~~~

Since I'm way too lazy to type all the fight scenes, which you probably saw anyway, I'm just skipping them.

The results were:

Shino vs Zaku: Shino won

Tsurugi Misumi vs Kankuro: Kankuro won

Ino vs Sakura: tie

Tenten vs Temari: Temari won

Shikamaru vs Kin Tsuchi: Shikamaru won

Kiba vs Naruto: Naruto won

Hinata vs Neji: Neji won

Lee vs Gaara: Gaara won

Dosu vs Choji: Dosu won

~~~

Ah sorry for the short chapter but I had like zero motivation to write it.

Btw does anyone else play Mystic Messenger cuz I'm obsessed>.<