Chapter 6

"Mizuki"

Grumbling, I slowly opened my eyes. My eyes drifted to the alarm clock on the nightstand, it's bright red numbers flashing 5:30 at me. Too early to get up for the academy. I sighed unamused, rubbing my eyes, before focusing on Kakashi who was standing next to me like some kind of creepy sleep paralysis demon. The metal on his forehead protector glinted ominously in the red light of the clock.

"Yes?" I grunted out, voice thick with sleep.

"Here" He drawled out monotomly.

I blinked slowly as he pushed some kind of rolled up paper into my hand. Warily, I rolled it open discovering it was some sort of map of the village. A big golden star was drawn on what I assumed to be Kakashi's apartment. A red line slithered over the map before stopping at a building circled in green, 'academy' written on it crudely.

"You made me a map?"

"I have a mission today so I can't take you to the academy, and after yesterday's fiasco I thought it might be handy to give you a map of Konoha." Kakashi said amused.

"...Thanks. Don't die." My head hit the pillow with a muffled thud, instantly falling back asleep, the last thing I heard being a soft chuckle before the sound of my door closing with a small click.

~~~

Thanks to my newly acquired map I did actually manage to find the academy rather quickly, putting me in a good mood. Or as good a mood I could be in for the early morning.

Once I arrived at the classroom, I took the same seat I was assigned yesterday, next to the dark haired boy who didn't spare me a glance, and just observed the class to get to know them better.

Knowledge is power after all. Or  so I was always told by my old maid.

It was hard not to notice the odd crowd of girls gathered around my seat neighbors desk, fawning over 'Sasuke' loudly and dramatically. At the forefront of the small group were two girls, one with platinum blond hair and one with a pretty shade of pink hair, who spent equal time fighting each other and gushing over  their classmate, who seemingly couldn't possibly care less, only betrayed by how his fist tightly clenched around a pencil every time a girl came a bit too close to his personal space.

Peering further around the room I saw a few boys who were locked into enthusiastic conversation, judging by the animated movements of their hands. One of them was the nice boy with the cute puppy, who I waved at and smiled as he caught my eyes. He waved back, enthusiastically grinning, before engaging back into the conversation with the three boys standing next to him.

All the way in the back was a kid with bright blond hair. He was staring out of the window, his head propped up by hand. A dejected aura clung around him. I felt a small bit of pity for the boy who was clearly the outsider of the group.

Poor kid, I know how that feels.

To do my fathers wealth, he had decided it was in my best interest to hire the best tutors the country had to offer. As a result of that, I had been homeschooled all my life. My main tutor however had advocated for me being sent to a local school one afternoon a week in order to 'integrate with others my age'. 

At first I had been excited to hang out with other kids. It soon turned out however that the other kids didn't like me much, thinking me a stuck up rich kid. And perhaps I had been. It all resulted in those afternoons being spend in the back corner of the classroom and reading books during the break instead of playing with others.

It sucked. But no matter how much I protested, my tutor insisted on it being good for me, so I had no choice to keep going.

After a while, Iruka walked in with a faint smile on his lips.