•Silent night•

PLS READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE ONE-SHOT! Merci! 🖤

(Marinette and Adrien are married. They're 25 years old, in case you were wondering.)

Christmas Eve. Only the sound of the wind howling across —the covered in snow—city. The Tower Eiffel shining down upon the city with its red, green and white Christmas lights. Bakeries perfuming the streets with the sugary aroma. But the famous Dupian-Cheng's bakery wasn't. The doors were closed, the blinds too. No aroma, no happiness, nothing.

Only the cries of pain of Sabine filled the house. Tom gently stroking her back, heartbroken. As she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Don't cry honey, she'll get better. You'll see." Tom comforted, plating a kiss on her cheek. Still stroking her small back. Sabine look up, her eyes welled in tears. "

What if she d-dies?"

With the thought of it, Sabine broke down again in Tom's chest. As he, caressed her tiny,
porcelain body.

"Not her, not my baby." She cried.

Upstairs, Marinette lay on her bed, lifeless. Pale skin, bruises, cuts. With a bandages around her stomach. Looking up to her celling blankly. She was attacked unexpectedly by an akuma. The night's darkness, the wind, the sudden sword swoosh and the blood trickling down her stomach was all she remembered.

A sudden dreadful pain shocked her stomach, she screamed in pain, terrified. "M-M-Mom!" Marinette cried, gripping onto the sheets. Moving her head side to side, trying to forget about the pain. But she couldn't. The pain crawled her stomach and squeezed it.

Sabine —followed by Tom— burst in Marinette's room. Horror plastered on their faces, breathing heavily. "Honey, what's wrong!" Sabine ran towards her side, holding her hand, which Marinette gripped strongly.

"My stomac— ahh!" She yelped horrified, closing her eyes fearfully. "Call A-Adrien!"

"But Mari-"

"P-Please!"

The biggest mistake was not to tell him. She played with the wedding ring around her finger worried, the pain had lowered. She grew uneasy as Sabine dialed Adrien's number. She told Adrien she was going to help Alya with her wedding's arrangements, she didn't lie, that was her plans. He insisted to take her, but she refused.

I should've listen to him.

And the she got attacked in the way to Alya's.

One week had past. Adrien didn't stop calling her and texting her, she told him she went out of town with Alya. And he believed her. In reality, she was surgeries and resting at her parents house.

"I called him sweetie, he shouldn't take long. He sounded worried. Why in world you didn't told him?" Sabine asked, stroking Marinette's shoulders. Perhaps her words were harsh but her tone was gentle and loving.

"Mom, just don't tell him anything. Tell him to come upstairs." She whimpering as the pain started to come again. A tear rolled down Sabine's cheek. Watching how her daughter struggled in pain.

"Okay, darling." She kissed her forehead to then stroke her cheeks.

Just then the doorbell rang, Tom brushed a kiss on Sabine's temple and went downstairs to get it.

The door revealed a tired blonde. Bag under his eyes, his green were puffy like he hadn't sleep properly. "Hello son." Tom sadly. Letting him pass, Adrien frowned by the sadness in Tom's voice. He knew Tom very well. He was always happy and cheery.

But he brushed it off.

"I was so worried about Marinette, she just left and texted she was going to Alya's." He sighed deeply, "And in her state.. it terrified me even more."

"Yes, um, Adrien—"

They were interrupted by Marinette's scream
of pain which was followed by Sabine's shrieks.

Adrien's eyes winded in horror, he rush upstairs first than Tom. Slamming the door open. "I-I can explain A-Adrien." Was the first thing Marinette had to tell him.

He came closer, examining his wife's body. His eyes yelled what happened but his words were stuck on his chest. Which rose and fell back down quickly when his eyes landed on her stomach. That used to be very swollen.

"Where's Emma?" He whimpered. "What the h-hell happen Marinette!"

"Akuma." She groaned, trying to sit up but Adrien gently placed her back down. His eyes tearing up.

"Where's our baby m'lady?" He sat down, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I-I got s-stabbed in belly."

He looked away, to let out loud sorrowful cry.
Adrien turned to Marinette whose eyes were close. Who stopped breathing. Whose stomach started to bleed.

"MARINETTE!" He yelled . "No, please no!"

"M-Mari!"

•••

Okay, I have a question for you guys. Do you really mind that my topics are always future, pregnancy or something to do with that. Because I have done like a lot of one-shots related to that and I haven't publish the because I think you're sick of the topics. Are you?

Let's be honest guys. I'm doing this book for you. I cannot lie that I love the topic and I'm very inspired by it, but if you don't like it there's no point. Please be honest and tell me.

Vote and comment s'il vous plaît!~ Nicki 🖤

~ Nicki 🖤