• Behind fake parents •

(See picture above s'il vous plaît ^^)

"Oui Monsieur?" The major's butler, Léandre, asked as he bow slightly. One arm behind his back, showing respect towards the major.

"Take care of that." André demanded,
Pointing at the crib in which a blonde tiny baby  cried uncontrollably, her cheeks red, puffy eyes. She was extending her arms for someone to carry her.

(A/N: André is the name of the major.)

"Bien sûr." He replied, coming closer to the crib, the blonde sniffed softly and laughed when Léandre gently lifted her up.

He carried Chloé to her room, leaving the major arguing on the phone, behind.

"Pawpa!" She gabbled in her own language, placing her tiny hands on top of his cheeks. Léandre smiled sweetly, feeling pity for the girl. How her father called her 'that' , how he treat her; leaving her starving and crying like it was nothing.

"Hungry little girl?" He cooed, with a thick French accent. Sitting on the rocking chair besides the crib. He feed her with the bottle of warm milk and rocked back and forth, singing a lullaby.

"Silly little girl
don't fool yourself
They've seen your scars
Just don't want to help

Little did they know
How much could change
With three little words
'Are you okay?' "

When Léandre look down again, Chloé was sound asleep. He placed the empty bottle on the nightstand and stood up, making sure Chloé wasn't disturbed. He lay her down carefully, tugging her with her fluffy blankets.

Léandre turned around ready to leave but she whimpered, to then cry. He picked her up once again and sat. Laying her on top of his chest, he planted a kiss on her forehead, "I'll be here for you little one."

"Oh mon Nathalie, I'm sorry." He whispered.

To then, drift off to sleep along with Cholé.

•••

"How can I help you sir?" Nathalie asked coldly, holding her clipboard against the side of her chest.

"Can you please take that thing away from here?" Gabriel asked, rubbing his temples annoyed. Referring to the baby playing in the mat happily, gabbling cutely, hugging his teddy bear tightly.

"Yes, Sir." Nathalie frowned slightly but didn't doubt on carrying the toddler away from there.

The blonde released his teddy bear to hug Nathalie's neck, "Ma! Ma!" He gabbled, hiding his face on Nathalie's neck. With his hand, softly playing with a strand of her hair.

She stopped in her tracks, "Ma?" She whispered, her heart couldn't help but to melt. Sure the child wasn't hers yet she felt that need of loving the poor child. Who's Mother had gone missing.

Nathalie sat down on her bed, holding a bottle of milk as Adrien drank. She rocked back and forth, treasuring in her arms what she had lost long ago.

A child.

What a tragic event; who broke a marriage apart. Who broke hearts, changing life's forever.

She had lost her child when he was barley 2 years old. Conflict and frustration was mingled on what used to be a happy marriage. They followed separate paths, but they hearts still loved each other. And they still do.

Nathalie and Léandre haven't talk ever since.

Nathalie had become another person, cold and distant. Without the love of her husband -that was the only person she had- her personality and life changing dramatically.

Léandre didn't changed. He missed who used to be his wife, of course, he carried that pain; the lost of his child and the separation with his wife was something unforgettable. He carried that pain upon his shoulders everyday. But his loving personality didn't changed, all the happened events were hidden behind his fake smile.

Nathalie look down to find Adrien sleeping peacefully, holding onto to her. She lay down, placing Adrien besides her, close to her heart.
"Good night my dear." She planted a kiss on his cheek. Even though, Adrien brought her horrible memories, she loved him and cared about him in her own way.

"I hope everything is alright Léandre,

I miss you."

•••

Vote and comment s'il vous plaît!~ Nicki 🖤

~ Nicki 🖤