Christmas Sweaters

A/N - Merry Christmas my lovelies, my gift to you guys is a short and frankly awful imagine but it's something and that's more than nothing. It's the thought that counts 🦄💕
----------------------------------------------

The twinkle of lights radiated from the pine tree nestled in the corner. It's branches draped in red and gold. The room dotted with various santas, reindeer or snowman, pulling together the room in a Christmas theme. The crisp smell of peppermint filled the air. My legs outstretched in a purple mermaid blanket making the whole situation feel more magical. My hand occupied by a mug filled with brownie hot chocolate, it was doing a good job of keeping my hands toasty. It was reaching around five pm on this fine Christmas Day and I was waiting for her. We'd spent the whole day together. Just us two and the dog. We originally were going to spend the day with her family but plans changed. Batman scurried in from the bedroom dressed in what I can only assume are Christmas pjs made for dogs. He jumped up on to my lap causing my lips to curl into a smile. He looked adorable. Demi trailed in after shortly after.

"Okay how do I look?" The girl asked as she made her way into the centre of the room, her arms outstretched. She was wearing a Christmas sweater, red in colour with a reindeer on the front. I glanced over her before giggling. A frown formed on her face, a slight pout mixed in there too.

"Stop laughing." she whined.

"I'm sorry but it's clearly far too big for you, come here."

She was still pouting but she trotted on over, sitting on the floor next to me. I placed my drink down to check the label.

"I probably should have checked the sizes. I remember ordering find right size but I guess they sent a bigger one, sorry." I sighed.

Demi pulled her legs up to her chest while Batman jumped down to go snuggle up to her. "Why are you apologising?"

"It's too big, I'll send it back." I mused watching as she ran her fingers through the small pup's fur..

"Noooo, don't do that! I love it."

I gently rolled my eyes, a smile hitting my lips. "You don't have to say that."

"I mean it, I love it Y/N." she protested.

"It's practically big enough for the both of us, I'm sending it back."

"You'll have to fight me for it because I'm not giving it up." Her head fell back against the sofa cushion. I leaned down and kissed her lips.

"I'm not fighting for it."

"Then I guess I'm keeping it." Demi mumbled with a smile.

"Why do you want it, if it's too big?"

"Who doesn't love over sized sweaters?"

I frowned. "Not ones that are that big."

"Well I do, all the better to snuggle you with."

The girl rose to her feet and practically jumped on me. Her arms wrapping around my frame. I shuffled over, allowing her to slide in beside me.

"You're such a dork."

"Yeah but you love me." Demi planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

Batman jumped up onto me again. This time going straight to licking my lips. I squirmed slightly, pushing the dog away.

"Stop it Batman."

"Looks like someone loves you a little more than me." Demi giggled, giving my waist a gentle squeeze

"And I love Batman a little more than you too."

"Well that was lie now wasn't it?" Her head fell to my chest.

"Yeah, you're right." I nodded. "I love him a lot more."

The dog had nestled back down on my lap and I couldn't help but smile. This was our first christmas together and I was already looking foward to the next. Wether that be just us three again or we spend it with her family or even mine, I know it'll be great.

"Oh I almost forgot." Demi perked up and climed over me, somehow not hitting Batman in the process. She disappeared off into another room before returning with a neatly wrapped box.

"I forgot to give you this. Merry Christmas Y/N."

"Another present, babe you're spoiling me."

Demi displayed a bright smile just staring at me and waiting. I rolled my eyes but I was smiling all the same. I took the box, careful not to disturb the yorkipoo on my lap. pulling off the lid, I peered inside and taking out the contents. Inside was a christmas jumper, much like hers but in green.

"Now we can match."

"Seriously." I giggled.

"I hope it's too big because i'm not returning."

"Watch yourself boo because I'm getting that Jumper off you." I teased, narrowing my eyes in on her. A sly smirk across my face.

"Come at me beyotch, I'll take you." She fired back. Moving the box so she could lean down and softly connect our lips for just a moment. "You know I'll win."