Virtual flirting, real life pain

A/N - twitter name is irrelevant, i just needed something that would work.
----------------------------------------------

"I can't believe someone would actually say that" I laughed as we stepped into our shared apartment. I switch the lights on before placing my keys down and watched as my girlfriend walked over to sit on the sofa.

"Are you okay?" I question, noticing how distant she had been over the last few hours. She gave me a firm nod, pushing her hair out of her face. Sighing, I strode over to her. Her gaze however was fixed on her phone. She seemed to be scrolling through Twitter and I watched carefully before interjecting.

"Anything good on there?" I pointed to the device in her hands. She shrugged "Seriously babe, what's wrong?" I ask firmly. She flashed me a half hearted smile and I raised an eyebrow genuinely not understanding what was wrong. I fell down beside her on the sofa. Mimicking her current activity, I pull my phone from my pocket. I opened the twitter app and replied to my latest mentions before scrolling through my timeline. All I saw were random tweets, a few pictures and the occasional fangirl before something caught my eye.

@ddlovato: 'When your gf flirts with someone and thinks you don't notice'

I looked towards her from the corner of my eye, trying to remember when today I had apparently 'flirted' with someone. We had gone out for lunch at our favourite cafe then hit up the cinema. I had pretty much only talked to her the entire day. Looking back at my iPhone, I clicked onto her profile. She was basically having a tweet spree while ignoring me. Her tweets were ripe with indirect sarcasm and acronyms. I thought of what could have made her angry, the buzz of my phone snapping me back to reality.

@lilbohemia: '@Your/ Twitter/Name Bitch please, you don't even have to wear clothes. It'll make things go faster "

@Y/T/N '@lilbohemia haha! I'd freeze if I came over in nothing, how about I just wear an overcoat? 😉' I tweet in reply.

A laugh slips through Demi's lips as she continued typing. Ignoring her, I went back to scrolling through the random tweets of the people I follow

@ddlovato 'Still. You know what? whatever. You can have her."

I frowned as I received a new mention

@lilbohemia: '@Y/T/N I think we should stop your gf looks like she's getting angry'

So that was it, she was giving me the silent treatment because of my tweets.

"Demi, really?" I spoke aloud, breaking the silence that enveloped the room. No response.

"Are you mad at me?" She shook her head and I lean over to kiss her on the cheek. She moved her head away and I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you mad?" I question "I think you know why."

"Over my tweets?" Demi sighed loudly as if I was supposed to know what she meant by that.

"Fucking hell Demi, stop it! Just talk to me." I respond in a harsher tone than expected.

"Don't yell at me!" Demi replied sharply. A smile played on my lips. I sorta liked when Demi yelled.

"Then just talk to me then. What's wrong?" I calmly spoke.

"Do you actually want to be with me?"

"Of course." I answer without hesitation, confused by the question.

"Then what's all this?" A phone fell onto my lap. My eyes drifted to the screen which showed all my latests tweets.

"We're just joking around." I shrugged, knowing what tweets she was referring to