Liam maintains his pace, it's not like he can't move any faster, it's just that it's more... intimate. Zayn doesn't object again, Liam's being so passionate and he can't take his eyes of Zayn. He's looking at Zayn like he's the best thing in the world. Zayn is pretty sure they've passed sex now, it's more like lovemaking and strangely, Zayn isn't objecting to that. They both come at the same time and Liam rolls over, tired.

"Love you," he mutters, kissing Zayn's neck before he falls asleep in that position, not noticing the way Zayn tenses.

...

"Liam," Zayn tries to wake him up for the fifth time this morning. He's gotten up, showered, eaten and Liam hasn't even stirred. "Wake up. You've got to go home."

"I'm so tired," Liam mumbles, opening his eyes slowly. He sneezes a bit.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asks, genuinely concerned. Zayn touches Liam's forehead. "Oh shit, you're burning up."

Liam opens his mouth to say something but instead sneezes again.

"Poor baby, you've got a cold," Zayn notices. "I'll make you some soup."

"No, I want ice-cream," Liam says.

"You've got a cold," Zayn says.

"So? Get me ice-cream Zayn," Liam demands.

"Fine," Zayn agrees. He leaves Liam in his bedroom and goes to his freezer to get the icecream. Then he scoops it into a bowl and puts it in the microwave till it becomes very hot. A trick his mom used to do to him when he was younger. "Here's your icecream."

"Ew, why's it hot?" Liam asks.

"Because it is," Zayn replies. Liam glares at him all through while Zayn just smiles innocently.

"Do you remember last night?" Zayn asks. "Do you remember saying anything unusual?"

"I remember us having really weird but good sex, that's all," Liam says. "Did I say something weird?"

"Nah, forget I asked," Zayn shrugs.

"Tell me, what did I say?"

"You said, 'love you' and then you kissed my neck," Zayn says. Liam freezes. "I don't blame you or anything, it was probably the cold affecting you. I should have noticed."

"Oh, yeah," Liam agrees at first. "Wait- no, it wasn't the cold. I think I really do love you."

"Liam..." Zayn starts. "You can't be in love with me."

"I am," Liam persists. "I love you, I love everything about you."

"Liam, stop. You're seventeen, you may think you're in love with me now, but you aren't. You don't know what love is, you're confused." Zayn explains.

"I'm not confused!" Liam yells. "You don't have to say it back Zayn, you don't have to feel the same way but you can't decide for me what my feelings are."

"I'm not trying to..." Zayn says.

"It's okay, Zayn. I shouldn't have told you, it's too soon, I get it," Liam says.

"L-Liam you don't want to love someone like me, just ask any of my ex's," Zayn admits.

"You can't see how amazing you are, and I-I'm not them. I promise," Liam says.

"Liam... I don't feel the same way," Zayn whispers. "I'm sorry."

Liam looks hurt, "I didn't expect you to, it's okay Zayn."

"I should go," Liam says, sneezing a bit. It would have been really cute if it wasn't so awkward. "My mom would be worried."

"I'll take you," Zayn offers.

"No, I need some time to myself," Liam says, getting up. He has dark circles under his eyes and his nose is red from sneezing a lot.

"You mean time away from me," Zayn says. "Liam, you can't go home yourself looking like this, I'll take you."

"Zayn... Just let me be, okay?" Liam's tone comes out as defensive.

"Okay," Zayn doesn't object. He watches Liam leave and he feels a pang of guilt. He thought he did the right thing, but he doesn't feel so good about it.

...