Chapter 26: (UPDATED)

Kurt's POV

"As I am about to retire next year, I'll have my son take my position as your new CEO of the Smith's company" dad announced to all of our stakeholders.

Everyone claps as I entered and went to the stage to speak.

"Thank you for accepting me as your new CEO, I will do my best to make the better future for our company. As long as you still have the passion and your loyalty to do your job. That's all thank you" I smiled as they cheer for me. Everyone is very happy to see me also I love to see my father did the same.

Our meeting is already finish and everyone were congratulating me. Suddenly my dad signalled me to go inside his office. I told him that I will come after I call shane.

My heart is full of happiness right now and I am excited to tell this to shane kaya kinuha ko agad yung phone ko sa bulsa tsaka dinial yung phone number ni shane na nakalagay na "home"

"hello? " rinig kong mala anghel na boses ni shane sa kabilang linya.

"baby, it's me, guess what? Our meeting succeed!" I excitedly told her with a big smile plastered on my face.

"wow! Congrats! So uuwi kana?" sabi niya na kinatawa ko. Excited ata tong isa pauuwiin na ako.

"hahaha, miss mo na ako?" I teased.

"hahaha, hindi kaya" i heard her laugh sweetly.

"hahaha just joking. Mamaya uuwi na ako may pag-usapan muna kami ni dad. How about we have a dinner near to our place? I know a spot that has a full view of our city" i told her.

"uy mukhang excited ako nyan ah, yung mamahalin ba kamo?" nag-alalang tanong niya dahil alam  kong hindi gusto gumastos ng malaki itong si shane.

"Don't mind the bills. I just want to have a perfect date with you tonight" I smiled feeling the love.

"oh okay! Hintayin kita, oh sya baka nag-aantay na yung dad mo, punta kana dun, bye! i love you!"

"Okay sige, bye i love you too" after she hung up she make this kiss sound on the phone and I laugh then did the same.

Nagmamadali akong pumunta sa office ni dad para maka-uwi na kaagad at makasama ko na ang asawa ko. Nung nakapasok na ako sa loob, i saw dad's face look serious. Nagtaka ako kung ano nanaman ba dumating na problema.

"What's the matter dad?" i ask.

"Son, i know you will get angry at me but i have to tell you this. What do you wanna hear first? The good news or the bad news?" He said looking straight to my eye.

"Ok the bad news" i pick the hard way.

"The bad news is, I'm going to cancel the arrangement with you and shane because one of our shareholder's daughter wanted to have the arrangement with you and this is very important son, they are very important to us. I can't decline the offer or else we will lose 70% of our share" he said sadly.

I was shock for a moment. Bigla akong nagalit at na dismaya. Kinuyom ko ang aking kamay at tinanong kaagad kung anong good news.

"What's the good news?" i said sarcastically.

"The good news is, they will help innovate for our company and with our forces together, our company will not be challenged by our rivals and will continue until the next generations" he said.

"and who is this shareholder of ours?" I angrily said.

"Brett De la Haye and his daughter Maxine De la Haye"

That shocked me even more "WHAT?! SA DINAMING SHAREHOLDER NATIN BA'T PAMILYA PA NANG EX KO?" i shouted angrily.

"I know! Son! I know! I don't know how to decline them but this is very important. This cost our lives!" nakatayo siyang pagsabi sakin.

"This is outrageous! I can't believe you dad. You're a coward" then i left turning my back at him then slam his door.