Chapter 14

I never noticed how beautiful the stars are at night. Maybe its because I never took the time to actually look and pay attention, but man, I have been missing out.

A tear ran down my face and I quickly reached up to wipe it away. i sniffled and reached up to wipe my tears again.

"Reese where are you?" I whispered as I looked out of the window. I held back a sob as his face flashed in my mind. I was so caught up on that boy that I didn't even hear my door opening and closing softly.

"Chloe?"

I turned in my seat while wiping my eyes. It was my mom. I gave her a soft smile before turning back towards the stars.

"Chloe, do you want to talk?"

Her voice was soft and cautioned, like she knew if she said something wrong i would pop off. I wouldn't though. I couldn't.

"No mom, but thanks. I'll go to bed in a few," I said, glancing at her out of the corner of my eye.

She sighed and stood there for awhile before nodding and walking back towards my door. I was expecting her to silently leave and close my door back but she didn't. She looked at me and said something that I will forever thank her for.

" Go find him. Stop sitting around and doing nothing. Take Amber and go. I don't know what you guys are into or what kind of effect he has on you in such little time but if its this big then GO! And don't come back without him."

Then she turned and left. I stared at the place she had been standing, shocked.

Go find him. I went to bed that night with a plan. That was all I needed.

--------------------

The next morning I dressed in comfortable clothes, put my hair out of my face and immediately went to Amber house.

"Thats what your wearing to school? I mean its not ugly or anything, just a little different -"

"We aren't going to school," I said as i pulled off down the street. She quickly turned towards me.

"Then where in Gods Name are we going?"

I was silent while driving, and all to soon I was turning down the street that I missed more then anything. Reese's street.

" Chloe, where are we going?"

I pulled into his driveway and turned off the car.

"Chloe, i know you hear me!"

"We are going to go and find Reese and Trey, but first we need some kind of clue on where they could be."

She instantly sat straight in her seat and threw her purse to the back of the car.

"Then why are we here?" she asked.

"This is Reese's house."

" I know! I've been here."

I ignored her.

We got out of the car and walked to the front door. I looked at it and around it.

"How are we going to get in?"

I ignored her again and went to the pot that sat beside his door. After digging in the dirt for awhile I pulled out the spare key with a triumph smile.

"How did you know that was there? Did he tell you? Did you put it there?"

"No, I just watch a lot of movies," i said turning towards her. I giggled as her shoulders sagged before unlocking the door and walking on.