Chapter 23

Reese

That's when I heard it. A gun shot. My body ran cold and my heart stopped beating. No. No. Please God, No.

"Why are you sitting by yourself back here? Everybody will be here soon."

I turned around and seen Chloe leaning against the back door. Her hair blew into her face a little as the wind danced around us. I smiled.

"I know. I just came back here for a little bit." I stood from my spot and walked over to her. She looked up at me as my tucked a loose string of hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. "Lets go inside."

Before we could reach the living room the doorbell rung, making Chloe let go of my hand and hurry towards the door.

"Well hello beautiful how can i make your night better?" Rain asked as he entered. I narrowed my eyes at him and walked towards them.

"Rain do you usually walk into someone's home and attempt to steal things that don't belong to you?"

He shrugged his shoulders, while looking as if he was actually considering it before reaching out for Chloe's hand.

"Get out of here," i said as i raised my fist at him, which he only laughed off and walked away.

"So guys look, I'm tired of this Chase and i know you are too. Its caused nothing but pain and dread so it needs to be over with already."

I looked at my Family.

My Family that i couldn't let anything happen too.

"There is this warehouse in the park where David said his father was. We have to go there. We have to end this."

They looked at me. Really looked at me. And i looked at them.

"Same warehouse where we found him the first time?" Trey asked.

I nodded.

Then he laughed. I mean he just laughed and laughed. Everyone looked at him in confusion. What could finally be so funny in such an intense moment that could have him so amused is beyond me. But he continued.

He laughed until there was no sound coming out of his mouth.

"For goodness gracious Trey, what in God's name is so funny." Amber asked sitting up next to him and patting his back as he began to burst into violent coughing fits.

"All of this," he huffed out, " All of this just to get back to where we started. Back at the exact same place that started this freaking war. All the pain and the leaving and the hospital visits. All the tears and wrong doings and everything! Everything only to get back to the beginning!"

We had all mistaken Trey's laughter as amusement but in reality he was upset.

He had every right to be.

"You're right Reese, i am tired! I'm tired of chasing this moron so if we're going to do this then its going to be the LAST time! We have two teenage girls here who need to finish high school Reese! Instead their fighting for their lives all because a crazed insane lunatic can't get over his old ruined life."

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and pointed a finger at me.

"So listen, if we do this, this is it. We end it."

He turned and looked at everyone of us before huffing and stomping towards the restroom, a shocked Amber in tow.

We sat in silence for a moment, before Chloe said something.