Chapter 5

I felt shaking against my shoulder. I turned around and snuggled against the pillow. 

“C’mon Chloe, we have to get back.  Your parents are probably worried sick,” Reese said.

“I highly doubt it, now move,” I muttered pushing his hand off and ducking my head under the covers. Please go away Reese. 

“Chloe.” he pulled the covers from my head. I felt the bed dip and an arm go around my waist. My once closed eyes shot open. 

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Waking you up, of course.” I felt his lips against the base of my throat and instantly shot out of bed. “I’m awake! I’m awake,” I said running into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. 

I heard Reese’s deep chuckle through the door. Looking in the mirror I realized how bad I looked. My hair was everywhere and I had bags under my eyes. Splashing water on my face, I felt my senses wake. I stretched and fixed my clothes before going back out.

“Lets go asshole.”

“What’s your address?” Reese asked as we pulled up into my neighborhood. 

“Take me to Amber’s”

He stopped the car and turned to me. “Why don’t you want to go home?” He asked me searching my eyes. Ugh. Nosey much?

“My cars at Ambers remember. I’ll drive myself home,” I said running my hands through my hair. He narrowed his eyes at me, like he didn’t believe me, but took me anyway. 

“Turn left at this stop sign. Her house is the second on the right,” I said unbuckling my seat belt. He did as directed and pulled at a stop in front of Ambers house. He turned off the engine and faced me. 

“Listen, I’m so sorry, ok. I’m so sorry that I pulled a gun out on you and I’m sorry that I can’t talk to you again. But it’s for your safety. It was nice getting to know you or at least attempting to. You’re amazing,” he said smiling at me. 

I nodded my head and got out the car. “It was nice getting to talk to the bad boy I guess, see you around Reese, my boy.” 

I was halfway up Ambers driveway when Reese honked his horn making me turn around.

“What,” I called out. 

“Be safe and stop smoking. Its an ugly habit and you are way to cute for it.” Then he was gone. 

I watched him speed down the road and disappear. Stupid, Reese Parker. 

“Where have you been? Where’s sexy Reese Parker?” Amber asked once I entered her room. “Gone, in the wind girl.” 

“Fabulous,” We said at the same time, laughing.

“So, where did you two go yesterday? Did he take you some where romantic? Was there candles,” Amber asked looking dreamy at me.