Promises

Sarah P.O.V

I just stood there watching Ryan in my Office doing his homework, I can't help but think of how much he has grown, But I know its not only the children that grow, us as parents do too. As much as I watch from a distance to see what Ryan and Alec do with their lives, I know for a fact they are watching Kevin and me to see what we do with our lives. I know I cant keep telling them to reach for the sun and their dreams all I can do is reach for them myself knowing they are watching. I don't mean just with their careers, I mean more about the way they treat others and they way they live their lives. Respect means a lot to me especially respect towards women. I know for  fact that so far my sons have treated everyone equally and have really cared about other peoples feelings, but having Ryan suspended today its made me really think how well he is actually listening and understanding the life lessons we have been teaching them.

" are you sure your okay? you know you can talk to me." Marshall said coming up behind me and placing a hand on my shoulder. I would have tensed up knowing Ryan was only in the other room but luckily the windows on the office were tinted allowing us to see Ryan but allowing him to see us.

" I'm worried that this is just the start, but I'm not going to stress so early. Ryan could be saying the truth when he said it was a mistake" I said placing my hand over Marshalls as we both just stood there watching Ryan do his homework.

" Come on, lets get back to Work" I said putting a fake smile so I wouldn't drown Marshall even more with my sad and stressed Mood. He didn't have to deal with this, we were at work he shouldn't have to listen to me vent about my family problems.

Taking Marshall's hand I led him back to the lounge area hoping to get my head back into the music, it wasn't that I didn't want to tell him, I just thought he had better things to listen to me go on about Drama.

We both sat at the conference table doing stupid paper work, this is what I hate most about signing artist after you contact them you actually have to sit down and make a legal document, I offered to help Marshall reading it and letting him sign the actual contact. The things you do for the guy you like!

We both sat in silence as we read different documents, it wasn't how I planned for us to act towards each other but after everything that has happened with Ryan today for some reason I wasn't really in the mood to talk. I had entered my own little world where my thoughts had consumed my brain and mind nothing else could get the incident with Ryan out of my mind.

I could feel Marshall staring at me but I couldn't dare look up at him. He wasn't glaring but I could tell he wanted to say something to me.

" I'm quite aware you staring at me, but I'm pretending not to notice" I said quietly not looking up from the document I was reading. I thought he was going to say something sarcastic but instead I just heard quietness. For a second I thought he might have decided to end his gaze towards me but instead I heard him chuckle to himself.

" You're my Girlfriend. I'm allowed to stare" he whispered in my ear before placing his hand on my thigh. As soon as his hand made contact I jumped like a little teenage girl and tensed up thinking maybe Ryan would see us. I knew I couldn't ignore him anymore, so glancing up at him for a second before turning towards the office, luckily Ryan has to come round the corner to be able to see us. So knowing Ryan wasn't about to walk into our flirtatious little scene I was starting to relax under Marshall's sweet touch, by the sudden gentle rubbing I could feel along my thigh I am guessing Marshall had sensed my loosening up.

" Is that the Rule?" I asked leaning on my elbow and looking at him and smiling. When I look into his eyes I lose my thoughts and problems I have been stressing out about,just like always he is able to transport me into a different world. He has this way of making me get completely lost in another world filled with happiness and comfort.