Lin had been stern, but sympathetic as she tended to my wounds and listened to my story. Her mouth had pursed at the description of the lady, but she didn't blame me for anything and for that I was grateful. We had been alone when she told me what my job for tonight was to be, and I remember staring at her in shock.

I didn't want to dance in front of a room full of aliens, but I didn't exactly have a choice. She eased my thoughts and told me I wouldn't be the only form of entertainment, that there would be entertainers walking around the room and some stationary like me. I wouldn't be alone, but that still didn't help the ease the fear coursing through my body. I had been going through my days trying to think of this world has Earth, but being faced with more blue-skinned people would be eye opening.

I shook my head and glanced around the room at the other women getting ready. They were to perform a different job tonight, and I pitied the ones who didn't love it. They had dressed me and proudly showed their work off to the few other performers that had come to them to be dress up.

They had tried to slip a corset on me, before I described to them what I would be doing and the range I would need. Seeming stumped they had put their heads together to dish out a beautiful outfit. One of the most simple but beautiful costumes I would probably ever perform in.

The top was a black lace turtle-necked halter top with no sleeves. The part covering my chest was still see-through but the detailing made it so you wouldn't even know it. The pattern was beautiful, and it didn't choke me like I thought it would.

The bottom was a small skirt. I was skeptical about it before they made me try it on and do some stretching in it. There was a part under the skirt that fit me like shorts, and those were plain black. The skirt was shorter on one side and longer on the other, and made of the same material and pattern as the top. They shoved stockings onto my feet as well, so I wouldn't be running around barefoot, and forced a garter belt up my hips to hold the stockings up.

They left my hair down, but breathed life into it. It had volume and gloss, both something I hadn't seen for a while. For my makeup they painted a soft cat-eye on, and a dark smokey eye shadow look that made my blue eyes twinkle in a way they hadn't in a couple of years.

My lips were painted a deep scarlet, and they applied a black coat of polish to my nails.

I was unrecognizable, and smiled at myself.

The girls were truly magnificent at making someone look completely different. I giggle, and did a quick spin for them. They clapped their hands and told me I would have to be leaving soon.

I nodded, and left to find Lin.

She was an easy enough woman to track down, and when I did she didn't say a word. She looked me over, nodded once out of approval, and motioned for me to follow her.

We went through slave hallways I had never been before, and more performers joined us. The closer we got to our destination the more the music could be heard. There was a door at the end of the hallway we were currently in and Lin stopped us before opening it. She motioned for us all to be quiet.

It wasn't our time to go out yet. We could smell the food, which meant the party was behind schedule. If there was one thing I had learned about this King, it was that he liked his schedules.

I wonder how he felt about being so behind for this?

The music was low, and like something I had never heard before. It sounded like a symphony of violins or another string instrument, but I couldn't be sure. It was sensual and slow, but held a hint of power to it.