Chapter : 24 Breathe

Asami's POV

I remember, there was this one time when I was six, and had gotten a new bicycle from mom and dad. I was riding down the lane and for some reason lost my balance and landed right into a trash can. There was also a time when I accidentally punched an random guy thinking he was stalking me, when in the reality he and I were going to the same place. There was also, if I remember correctly, was a time when i was caught eating toothpaste in the classroom. Don't even dare to judge me. I was little and I like the taste of toothpaste. Now, I think you know, I have my fair share of awkward and embarrassing moments in life and they weren't really a big deal. I mean, we all have that one moment, right ?

But never in my most wildest and weird imagination, thought that I would be walking with Jeon Jungkook. Alone. Again.

The silence was killer. I could hear his calm and rhythmic breathing while mine was ragged and uneven, just like my heartbeat.

Curse that teacher who thought it was a good thing to make me show him the school grounds. Why can't he show himself. I mean, if one wants to really know a place better, then one must have to get lost to actually find what he's looking for. I know It doesn't make sense but I also not the most philosophically intelligent being.

And now here we are, walking in dead silence. Him being a little behind me as I am the one leading. None of speaking a single word. Not a single word. Not even an alphabet. Or a weird sound.

"You look really pretty." The boy behind says as if we're the most natural thing to say. And i could feel my cheeks getting hot. See, how am I supposed to answer that. I decide not to say anything and save my dignity by not saying anything tremendously embarrassing. And just cleared my throat.

We were in front of the library now, and it was the last stop and then I can go back to Jimin. I don't know why but nowadays whenever I am thinking of him a smile captures my lips. I am definitely going crazy.

"So, this is the school library. It's open on all week days from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. And this our last stop." I finish with a sigh.

"So...I'm gonna go now." I excused myself and tried to walk past him but a firm hand grabbed my arm and bought me to halt. Just feeling of his touch set fire to my body and at that moment I  forgot how to breathe.

"I just wanted to say thank you." He said scratching the back of his neck, and let go of my arm slowly.

"Y-You're w-welcome." Slowly breathing again and God, tell me why do I have to stutter ? See, this is what I'm talking about.  Embarrassing myself !!!!

I then brisk walked my way to cafeteria leaving Jungkook alone, only to find Yoori sitting alone. I quickly made my way up to her.

"Sorry. I was caught up in something. And where's Jimin? " I muttered steadying my breathing.

"You sure it wasn't someone ?" She asked raising a brow.

"And Jimin was here but went just as soon as he came." She added.

"So you know." I asked with a sigh.

After coming here, as you know, Yoori was my first actual friend. And I never really had friends before because all of them were fake. And I started opening up to her and she did the same. It seems we are one in the same. I told her about everything. She knows my past just as much as I know of hers.

"Hmm...Jimin told me about the new kid ." She said sipping her chocolate milkshake. I tell you, this girl drinks way too many milkshakes. I have literally seen cartons of milkshakes in her refrigerator. It won't be surprising to know that she will become lactose intolerant in her next life.

"Whatever he said doesn't the matter. What matters is, how are you now ?" She added with concern.

"I am fine." I said trying to convince myself.

"Sure.She said rolling her eyes at me.

"Well, I think you should go to Jimin. He looked like something crawled up his ass and died when he was saying how you ditched him and went with the new kid. I am telling you Asami that guy has girl problems." She said with the least interest.

Well, as you know, Yoori and Jimin do not like each other and only try to get along when are around me for my sake. And no matter how much I try to build a bridge of friendship between them they somehow manage to knock it down. But she still ships me and Jimin. Like what ? I am sure her brain is getting calcified because of all that calcium she gets from those freaking milkshakes.

"Did you tell him anything about us ?" I asked knowing she would understand what I meant.

"No, and I told him that it's your place to tell him and not mine." She said reassuringly. Phew. I am not prepared to share my life history with anybody else. At least for now.

I hummed in approval. I quickly stole the apple from her tray and ran for the exit.

"Gimme back my food. I'll kill you !!!!!" I snickered hearing her scream as I ran out of the door.

I quickly went to my class but I couldn't find Jimin anywhere. And to my surprise, he didn't come back even for the last class. I had to cover up for him. That arrogant jerk owes me.That boy is surely gonna hear a piece of my mind. But I am slightly, very slightly concerned also. I mean, he is  my friend. Right ? It's natural to worry about my friend's well being. And nothings' wrong in that. Why am I explaining myself ? Must be the apple I ate.

The dispersal bell rang and students started to leave their respective classes. I am still worried about Jimin. I tried calling him on my way home but all the calls went to voice mail. I hope everything's okay.

"I hope you're okay, Jimin." I sigh as I plop down on my couch and soon sleep takes over.

A/N: Hey everyone !!!! I know I am late and blame my exams for it. I hope you enjoyed this update and please don't forget to Vote, comment and share ! Love you guys !!!!! :*