Case of Shinra: Page 34

"And you've been infected too?"

"No," replied Kilmister and explained that by taking a diluted version of the stimulant, he could work overnight too.

"But it's possible that you can become addicted too," thought Rufus smiling, thinking that he maybe able to gain control over Kilmister. "Do you have a phone? Or a pen and some paper."

"Who are you going to contact?"

"Shinra's assassins. They know where the stimulants are stored."

Kilmister's eyes glowed but he still tried to handle the situation with the utmost caution. He ordered Rufus to go back down the ladder and before long, threw down a pen and some paper to him.

Rufus didn't write anything else on the note apart from asking for a supply of the stimulants. It was more important he earned Kilmister's trust right now. The He can rely on the Turks to take care of the rest.

However, after leaving for Midgar with the note for some time, Kilmister did not return. The Turks did not come either. There wasn't much food supplies left. He had told Kilmister to go the Shinra Building and call out to the assassins - The Turks, and pass them the note. He was expected to be back with the medicine within three days - With the Turks tailing the good doctor of course. It's now been over a week.

Rufus had now grown accustomed to the cave and was going around inspecting it to pass time. The condition of the woman was getting very serious and was losing her senses. The man who was watching over her was also groaning with pain now but he held her hand, hoping a miracle would happen.

"I'm sure Kilmister will be back soon," said Rufus to them even though he had no proof to show it. Why did I say that to them?

It had been raining outside for days and suddenly Rufus realised the water was getting into the cave too. It wasn't just at the entrance either. The water was starting to leak through the roof where Rufus has been staying. It appears there were many holes and water was now streaming its way in like the taps were turned on. After so many days of rain why does this suddenly happen now? The water must have accumulated somewhere, thought Rufus. We have to evacuate somehow. Rufus warned the others as he made his way towards the cave entrance.

His neck hadn't fully recovered but he looked up and found no signs of anyone around. He could only hear the loud pattering of the rain. He looked around. If the rainwater was to fill up the hole they were in - and he could somehow swim then he might be able to make it up.

"This is the least I can do..."