Case of Shinra: Page 4

"I thought I was the only one worried. Are we seriously going to fire this thing? Don't we have to test it out first? Will Midgar be alright?"

"Would you be reassured if I said it'll be alright?"Rude replied to the torrent of questions with a stern tone in his voice.

"Hey, don't get mad."

In the end, the Sister Ray never fulfilled their expectations and was turned into a giant piece of scrap. At the same time, the executive floor of the Shinra Building was destroyed under the Weapon's attack. As a member of the Turks, Rude and Reno were used to seeing the ruins of buildings during their work. However, they felt differently for the Shinra Building. They had little office work and their missions mainly involved travelling around outside so, the Shinra Building was very much like a home they could return to after work. All the tough times they've been through together with their comrades, the times when they got scolded by their superior, the times when they would tease the girls while they had nothing to do and get teased back. When they're out, their "switch" is on and when they're in the office their switch is "off". It was the complete opposite of the other office workers but even so, they had some strong feelings for the Shinra Building.

The unrest that lay with Rude and Reno grew stronger after they learned their President had gone missing.

There were many witnesses that saw how the Weapon's fire struck the executive's office so they didn't know if he had really simply gone missing. On top of that, they couldn't confirm the safety of the rest of the staff because the Shinra Company's management system was a mess. There were many who had already given up their positions a number of days before the expected day of the Meteor's impact.

Rude and Reno felt they should confirm the well being of their President and waited for the elevator. The elevators to the executive floors weren't working so they had to try the regular staff's elevators.

"This thing isn't moving."

"It looks like the emergency lock system was activated."

"They managed to get that working pretty well."

"Reno, Rude. Take the stairs."

The two looked at each other at the sound of the new voice before trying to find out who it was. Before long, they spotted a familiar man with long hair who they hadn't expected to be here.

"Chief!"

They had received reports that Tseng had died several days ago. Elena had acted on her own, pursuing Cloud and his party to the Northern Crater to take revenge. However, she failed and returned to Midgar in a bad state and they remembered how she repeated the word "revenge" like she was under a spell afterwards. In short, every member of the Turks thought Tseng had died.