Case Of Denzel: Page 6

"Did Shinra do it?"

"Yeah."

Reeve looked away from him. It seemed he was determined not to show any signs of emotion.

"If you hate me then you can do whatever you like to me."

Denzel shook his head.

It was Sunday. When I woke up, I was in my new home in the Fifth Sector. There was a mattress that I was sure wasn't there yesterday. Denzel went to sleep on it. Next to his pillow was a memo and a piece of sweet bread.

"I'm at the office. I'll come to see how you're doing once in a while. Don't go too far. Everyone is very nerve-racked just now so it's dangerous. More importantly, it would be very hard to find you. You're a pretty important boy. P.S. I borrowed the mattress from the neighbour so please make sure to return it. - Arkham."

The imagery of the Seventh Sector falling down was shown on the TV many times. The announcement from Shinra that Midgar was safe now could also be heard repeatedly. My parents might be dead so even though they say it's safe, I couldn't agree with them. I really wonder if everyone will be able to live in happiness together because it's safe. Will I be able to blend in with them? Just as Denzel was about to eat his bread, he noticed the cream jutting out of it. Anger surged in him. He smashed the bread onto the TV then flew out of his house.

It was quiet. In the centre of Midgar he could see the highrise building of Shinra. Mother and father might be alive and have gone to work together there.

During this hour, Denzel's parents must be busy. That's why they can't come out. Since this area is Shinra residence then maybe some of their friends are around. Denzel wasn't very good talking with grownup strangers but, he was going to pull up his courage and try.

First he made for the house to the right and rang the doorbell. There was no answer. He tried opening the door.

The house wasn't locked so he peered in and said, "Hello?"

He waited for a little while but no answer came. It seemed Arkham borrowed the mattress from this house. Denzel was wondering if they're no different from a thief since they just borrowed it at will. Are they going to be forced to live on as thieves or something?

Denzel moved onto the left house. The house opposite. A house further in. Everyone was on the lookout there. He went to go have a look at another house further away. Most of the houses had a piece of paper on their door with a contact address written on it if anyone was looking for shelter.

No one was there. It didn't seem possible that his parents were at their office. If they were, they would have come here. Even if it was impossible for Denzel's father to come, his mother would certainly have.