Case of Shinra: Page 26

"Yes. It's not just Reeve. Just this once it doesn't look like I can read the minds of everyone involved this time."

"The Turks are different. Perhaps the same could be said of everyone that gathered that night. They are all loyal to your teachings."

"In other words— They're a bunch of people whose minds I can't read," said Veld as he walked pass Tseng through the door first. "Look after the President."

As Tseng watched Veld leaving he muttered, "I wish you could have watched me leave like you did in the past, Sir—"

Mutten Kylegate hit Rufus three times.

"I can't tell you something I don't know."

"Tell me the new passkey!"

"Someone must have changed it. I only know the emergency—"

Mutten hit him again without waiting for him to finish. He was well-trained in his punches. "I see. So you're from the army—"

"You've passed by me many times before. But to you, I'm just another one of your troops."

"—I'm sorry," Rufus sincerely apologised. However at the same time he thought to himself, If everything in this house belongs to him then he must be the son of a rich or famous family. In that case, he must have been born quite early and should be older than he looks. There was a rule within the company that prohibited certain kinds of people from being recruited for the army but it was often ignored. In this case— Mutten must have some problems that prevented him from being promoted. This room filled with its horrific decorations maybe proof of that.

"You have lapdogs don't you?"

Mutten suddenly changed the subject. He must have a very unrefined mind if he can refer to people as lapdogs, thought Rufus.

"Where are they?"

"I was taken away when my subordinates weren't present. They don't know my whereabouts." "I see," Mutten said convinced but he hit out at Rufus again. Someone came in.

"What is it?"

"We have a guest," replied one of the maids.

"A guest? Who could— Never mind. I'll be right there."