Case of Shinra: Page 15

Rufus already knew he had fractured ribs and a broken right heel and the pain they were causing him meant he needed the assistance of a wheelchair but, he still hadn't lost his dignity.

"Tseng."

"Yes, sir."

"I'm sure you've been reprimanded—"

"There are still many things that only Shinra can accomplish." Rufus nodded satisfied at his response.

"I'm sure this will be fun."

The Turks split up into two groups as they made their way to Midgar practically without resting. Tseng and Elena were responsible for gathering intelligence while Reno and Rude were responsible in finding friends. All the friends they had managed to gather yesterday night were already spread out gathering information and sending it all back to Kalm.

"Avalanche once said Shinra was the Planet's enemy," Reno suddenly said as if it suddenly came to mind.

"Yeah."

"Looks like they were right." "Why's that?"

"Look."

The Lifestream had saved the Planet but it had also punished Midgar. The town wasn't completely destroyed but rebuilding it was going to be very difficult. It was as if it they were sentenced to suffer between life and death - and it wasn't going to end. On top of that, those who found out it wasn't Shinra who saved the Planet from Meteor were already hostile towards them. Many people mentioned Shinra's name as if they had to lay the blame for these difficult times on someone.

The two of them arrived near the Shinra Building in Sector Zero. A large crowd of people were gathering there even though there weren't many wounded around. It seems they were all wanting to know something or were here to seek help.

"How ironic," Reno grunted as he listened to the conversations amongst the evacuees. They had all considered the Shinra Company to be the root of all evil yet, they all hoped Shinra will also be the ones that will change the dire situation they're currently in.

"I want to gag their mouths with my socks." "Do it. I won't stop you."