Chapter 11

Madison POV

I was up in my room planning on how to go to that party without Cameron noticing. Well the party is at night and Cameron is really lazy so I'm sure that he'll just be asleep and at that time I'll get ready and sneak out. Perfect.

Ding

Grayson: Hey Maddie! We should go ice skating sometime, I've always wanted to go but my brother doesn't wanna come with me.

Sure why not! And by sometime you mean.....

Grayson: Right now.

Oh my gosh. I knew it. Alright, I'll be ready in a minute.

Grayson: You're the best (:

I threw on something you would usually wear at an ice skating rink and I went downstairs. "Oh my goodness. Is it really that cold in here?" My mom asks looking at me.

"Uh no actually. I'm going ice skating with Grayson. Could I please go?" I ask.

"Well I'm leaving later on. You won't be able to say bye when I leave," she says.

"I can say bye right now," I say.

"I guess," she says. I hug her and my dad. "Also, who's Grayson?"

"He's just a friend, don't worry," I say.

"He better be a friend," my dad says. I giggle and then I leave the house. I see Grayson's car parked outside. I hop in the passenger seat.

"Hey," we say at the same time and laugh.

Ice Skating Rink

Once we got there we put on those weird looking shoes. Grayson helped me tie the shoe laces and he helped me off the chair.

As we went into the rink I held on his arm tightly.

"You've never ice skated before have you?" He asks and laughs.

"Nope. Please just don't make me fall," I say looking at the ground smiling.

"Never," he says.

After a while I kinda got the hang of it. I copied how Grayson moved his feet. I was still scared of letting go of his arm though.

He gets me out of his grip and I feel myself about to fall but he grabs my wrist. "You got this," he says. He lets go slowly and I skate close to him. "See! You got it," he says.

My heart was beating so fast. Please don't fall. You'll embarrass yourself. Why did I care though? Grayson grabbed my hand and twirled me around and then pulled me back into his chest.

"That was fun," I say and laugh. He gives me a big warm smile. Just then, I felt different. I felt like I could just tell him anything right then and there. I felt safe with him. Do I like this guy?

I get out of my thoughts and focused on what was happening.

We did lots of tricks back and forth. We rated each other's tricks, it was all so much fun. After a while we got out of the rink and took our shoes off. It felt weird being back in flat shoes. I was just relieved I didn't fall.

Home

Grayson drove me back home and we were just sitting in his car for a while. It was silent, but it wasn't an awkward silence.

"Maddie can I tell you something," he says. I look over at him, my heart beating.

"Yes."

"I really like you," he says looking at me.

I didn't know what to say. Today I felt different about him. So maybe I did like him.

"I-I like you too," I say and smile.

"Really?"

"Of course," I say and laugh.

He looks down at his hands smiling. We sat there a while longer.

"Well, I guess I better get going," I say. We hug and I get out of the car and inside the house. I see my parents watching TV.

"I thought you guys were leaving?" I say.

"We missed our flight so we're leaving later today," she says. My dad walked into the kitchen. This is my time to tell her everything.

I sat next to her. "Mom," I say. She looks at me. "Can I tell you something?"

"Always sweetie."

"You know Grayson? The one I went ice skating with today?" I say. She nods. "I'm starting to like him and I'm asking for YOUR permission if I could hang out with him more."

"Madison you know you can't date until you're eighteen," she says.

"Please mom. It's not like we're gonna do anything bad. We're just sixteen."

"Exactly. You're sixteen," she says. "Don't even say anything anymore Madison. I don't wanna hear it. Why should I allow you to have a boyfriend after you disobeyed my rules with that party."

"Mo-"

"Stop it Madison! Go to your room!" She says. I sigh and go upstairs to my room.