Chapter 6

Madison POV

"Hey let's go outside and watch those two lovebirds," Grayson says as we finish up eating. We both get up and Grayson opens the sliding doors and right then a very cold breeze hits me. I shiver. Well crap.

We see them playing football and we sit down together on a swinging chair under a roof close to the backyard door.

"Hey, sooo I think we should hang out more. It's been fun hanging out with you. I swear I've never laughed so much in my life, " he says and smiles.

"I know what you're doing, just give me your phone," I say and he bursts out laughing. He hands me his phone and I put my number in. I put my name as 'maddie👅'. I hand him his phone back.

"Why that emoji?" He asks slightly smirking at me.

"Because tongues are gross, I'm gross, it just makes sense ya know?" I say and laugh.

"Makes a lot of sense actually," he says laughing. It was freezing outside. I checked the temperature on my phone. -17°. Oh! That's greeeeeat! I'm gonna get so sick. I was shivering uncontrollably and I was praying he was not seeing me.

He looks at me and laughs. He takes his hoodie off and hands it to me.

"I would say, "no, no you keep it, it's okay" but I really need it r-right nooow. T-thank youuu," I say shivering as I put it on. He laughs loudly.

We get closer together to share some body heat. I got on my phone as Grayson watched Mia and Ethan. I went on snapchat and we started taking selfies, I had to use the flash because it was pretty dark outside, and I posted them. I checked the time. Eight o'clock. Damn, time flies when you're having fun.

It was already really dark outside and still really cold. I could barley see anyone's face. Just then, I hear heavy breathing getting closer and closer. I look up and see Mia and Ethan. "We're gonna.......go inside.......and drink water," Ethan says in between breaths. We laugh and I nod.

"Let's go inside too. I can see that you are still suffering," Grayson says and laughs at me shivering. I giggle and we go back inside. It was warm inside. Everyone looked our direction when the cold breeze came in. I felt like everyone was glaring at me. I saw a few girls who definitely were and I don't know why.

I see Mia walking away from Ethan waving goodbye. "Alright well I guess I'll talk to you later. I'm gonna go talk to Mia," I say to Grayson and smile.

"Okay, see you later," he says smiling. I walk away and go over to Mia.

"HEY MIA!" I say. "So how'd it goooooo?"

"It was amazing! AHHH! Thank you so much for locking us in that bathroom," she says and I laugh. "I got his number too."

"I got Grayson's," I say. Her mouth opens wide.

"OHMYGOSH! PLEASE DATE," she says.

"Oh my gosh Mia. Can't a guy and a girl just be friends?" I say.

"He's into you though. I can tell," she says.

"He's into me as a friend," I say and wink at her.

"Oh c'mon Maddie! What if he asks you on a date, what would you say?" Mia asks.

"I would say no because he's not Geo," I say and laugh a little.

"Geo is a little bitch Maddie."

"You're a little bitch," I say and laugh. She groans.