Part 17

Song List:

Scanners-Salvation

"What a surprise...to see you again. And so soon?" Blair smiles. I walk in and wave at her. "I know, thank you for allowing me to come back." I nod.

After my text dance with Leo, I called Blair and asked her if it was too late for me to reconsider joining the club. Of course, she chuckled and said that I'm more than welcome to come back. I did after all pay the non-refundable fee.

Blair motions for me to sit down. "Actually, I'm waiting for someone." I tell her.

She raises her eyebrows, clearly in disbelief. "Ah," she smooths her desk with a finger. "And this person would be..."

"Me." I strong voice from behind me speaks. Leo walks in, so smoothly and predatory that I get chills of excitement.

"Mr. Leo." Blair cocks her head and then looks at me and then back at Leo. "Evening Blair. Thank you for taking out some time from your schedule." He says and looks at me. "I'm sure Ms-"

"Actually," I interrupt, "its Lara. Since we're here to negotiate our guidelines," I stand firm, "I want to announce the name I like to be addressed from now on."

"Negotiate guidelines?" Blair repeats and then shakes her head, "Wait," She looks at Leo, "You want to be her regent?" She asks, incredulous.

"Yes. Ms. Lara and I would like a mediation to discuss and create our terms." He says sharply and to the point.

"Of course, Mr. Leo." Blair composes herself. She opens a cabinet and begins pulling out files. She briefly closes her eyes and pops them open. "Mr. Leo, I completely forgot." She smiles embarrassingly, "There's a letter in the guideline that I need to go over with Ms. Lara. Would you mind giving us a few?" She asks.

Leo nods. "Of course. I'll be outside." He says and leaves.

As soon as the door closes, Blair expression turns into a concern. "Is that why you came back? You want to be Leo's subject?

I nod. "I met him and I like him," I add, "We've...interacted" I try not give away the fact we've had sex already, "and talked and I find him interesting." My eyes wander away and I can't help to smile, but when I focus back to Blair, she looks concerned.

"Why am I getting the feeling that you're about to tell me something bad?" I sit down.

"Emme-"she starts, "I mean Lara," She corrects. "It's not my place to say. And saying this will make me sound like a jealous woman, but trust me, I'm not." Blair's tone is very chilly. "Granted that I know everyone's identity, I can't disclose any information." She pauses and looks away. "But I like you and without compromising the layout of the NDA, I'll give you the simplest warning/advice." She brings her hands together.

If looks can create a type of unease, Blair nails it. "What are you trying to tell me Blair?" I sit down.

A serious expression takes over Blair's undeniable pretty face. "Be careful with Leo." Is all she says and that strong attraction I have towards Leo...starts to dissipate.

My heart beats a little fast at hearing a warning against someone I've been intimate with and considering an intimate relationship. Will he hurt me? Is he a sadist? "Why? Tell me." I ask her, "Who am I getting in bed with...in all sense."

She points to my face and I know it's meant towards my mask. "You get to be whoever you are with that on. But don't let that make you fall deep for someone who has a reputation."

"Good or bad?"

"Depends on who you ask." She gathers some papers. "Leo's contractual demands are exhilarating. He has...particular appetites."

"Are you saying that I'm not up to it?" I cock my eyebrow at her, "You tried to get me to join the club, explaining that this place can open me to explore intimacy. Now, you're warning me to run for the hills from someone."

She shakes her head. "Not at all. I just find it a bit peculiar that The Monarchy's first and most eminent regent has set his eyes on the latest newcomer...well subject."

"What?" My mouth opens.

She chuckles. "I'm surprised he hasn't disclosed that to you already. He loves to remind everyone here. Leo, plainly putting it, is the regent of this club."

"Come again?" I'm processing it all. "Are you trying to tell me that Leo is..."

"The master, head, boss, king of The Monarchy?" She interjects, scarily nailing the exact nouns I was going to say.

She stops, before she begins again, " Leo has always been with high status members. Other regents or higher dames, I really can't recall any time he's been with a low status dame or subject. Which makes me wonder about you," Blair angles her head, "You guys don't happen to know each other?"

Me know Leo? I laugh. "I'm sure I would know if I've met him before."

A knock on the door interrupts our conversation. Before Blair says something, Leo comes in. "Have you discussed this urgent matter with Ms. Lara?"

Blair looks back to me. "I believe so. Right, Ms. Lara?"

I smile politely and turn my gaze to Leo. "She gave me the heads up."

"Good." Leo nods. "Now, are we ready to proceed?" He straightens his back.

"Um. Yeah." I nod but then, I stand up and meet his eyes. "Do you think we can have a drink first." I breathe out. I don't want him to sense the dissuade starting to creep in me, so I smile quickly. "You know, to warm me up."

He nods but looks to Blair. "Go ahead, I'll meet you in the bar." He sounds almost... irate. I feel like he's going to yell at Blair and I don't want her to get in trouble, especially with her advising me to take cautionary steps. "Come with me please?" I soften my voice and his eyes land on mine. "I like it when I drink with you." I bat my eyelashes, hoping it affects him. And they do. Intimidation no longer clouds his beautiful brown eyes. There much calmer and he even gives me a small smile. "Let's go." He tilts his head towards the door. "But we're coming back, right?" He asks very serious.

I nod. "We'll be back, Blair." I wave and Leo grabs my hand, leading us out. I take one last look at Blair and she nods, maybe to thank me? Or hoping she got her point across?