Part 14

It's six in the morning when I arrive back home. I open the front door slowly, trying to be as quiet as I can. When I open the door to my room, I almost scream at the sight of Jess right in front of me. "Oh my God! There you are! You scared me." She chastises me.

I set my heels down and look at her. "I scared you? What were you doing in my room?" I'm completely caught off guard.

She lifts her running shoes. "I wanted to go for a run and came in to see if you were up to it. But apparently, you've been up for quite a while." She raises her eyebrow.

"Yeah," I say, "I uh, um. Well, you see..." I'm completely lost for words.

"Wait. "She looks me up and down and then her face makes the most unusual gesture as she gasps with a smile. "OMG! Emmeline Lara Voss, did I just catch you doing the walk of shame?!" She clasps her hands.

"No! No! No shame! I just went out for few hours." I say as nonchalant as I can. I set my stuff down and sit on my bed.

"You went out for a few hours? From sundown to sun up?" Jess questions me and walks to stand right in front of me. "Oh come on, do you really think I'm going to buy that?" She smirks.

I stand up and stretch. As much as I love Jessica, I don't want to talk about the events of last night... and early morning. I'm still reeling in my time with Leo and for some reason, I need some time alone right now. "Look, how about after your run, I take you out for breakfast or better yet, brunch?" I suggest, "Let me just get some sleep." I smile at her.

She jumps like a little kid. "Sold! Mimosas and gossip, breakfast for champions." Jess laughs and leaves my room. "I'lllll beee baccckkk!" She sings and leaves.

As soon as I hear the front door close, I exhale the big breath I've been holding in. I walk to the bathroom and immediately strip off my clothes. I look in the mirror and stare at my reflection. Every inch of myself, every place Leo touched me, kissed me, licked me, bit me. But it isn't until I see my face that something in me breaks. Tears fall from my face and I can't help to feel super vulnerable. What am I'm doing?

After a quick shower, I go back to my room and get under the covers. I try to fall asleep, but I can't. My mind rewinds and replays...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up disoriented and alone in bed. There's a sweet smell in the air and as I look for the source, my eyes land on the table decorated with food. I wrap myself with the bed sheet and walk over, looking at the spread of fruits, cheeses and slices of bread. There's a bottle of sparkling water as well as a bowl of chocolate kisses. I take a grape and it isn't until I eat one that my stomach growls in approval for more. I take a seat and as soon as I help myself with a glass of water, the door of the bathroom opens and Leo walks out. His hair is wet-obviously from a shower-and he walks out, only wearing his dress pants.

"Hi." I say timidly.

He walks over to me and kisses me sweetly on the mouth, nibbling my bottom lip. "Hi." He says and kisses me again on the mouth.

I can't help to smile and take a sip of water. He takes the seat across from me and grabs an apple. He gestures at the few grapes I've taken. "Good, eat up." He takes a bite from his apple. God, even his mouth is sexy as he chews.

"I woke up hungry, really hungry." I pop another grape into my mouth. His eyes avert to my mouth and he smiles. "I wore you out." He takes another bite. "When the fucking is that good, you should be starving afterwards." He says and licks his lips. "Which you will be anytime we're together."